F-rsin Comet 1

12 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I'm not an expert but weren't the RAF examples later Comets 2/3/4?  Longer fuselages than the 1 and bigger wings?  If so using a 1 as a basis would require "some work"!

Looks like you're right, it's the RCAF which had Comet 1s

The F-RSIN Comet is a straightforward build, bearing in mind the limitations of short-run moulding. It looks like a Comet 1 and has the best engine intakes of any 1/144 injected Comet. The undercarriage is basic and ideally should be replaced which is probably easier said than done.

I'm not an expert but as far as I know the only UK "military" airframe you can build directly is XM823 (aka G-APAS and formerly F-BGNZ). Happy to be corrected if that's wrong.

Dave G 🇺🇦

2 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

The F-RSIN Comet is a straightforward build, bearing in mind the limitations of short-run moulding. It looks like a Comet 1 and has the best engine intakes of any 1/144 injected Comet. The undercarriage is basic and ideally should be replaced which is probably easier said than done.

I'm not an expect but as far as I know the only UK "military" airframe you can build directly is XM823 (aka G-APAS and formerly F-BGNZ). Happy to be corrected if that's wrong.

Dave G 🇺🇦

XM823 is worth considering then

I've  built one and completed it as one  of the Canadian options. Not a bad kit but as Skodadriver said, the undercart needs replacing as it s very undernourished. I happened to have a scrap Airfix one and used its undercarriage for my build. If I can find them, I'll post images of it here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

XM823 is worth considering then

I've never researched the conversion but I don't imagine it would be difficult. The most obvious external difference, the oval windows, would need decals since the F-RSIN fuselage is solid.