Bristol Beaufort Mk 1.

Hi Everyone, this is my latest build. One of Airfix's new tools and a delight to build, straight out of the box and painted entirely with Tamiya acrylics.

Nothing else to say really except all comments and criticisms are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 59
  • Thanks 2

Very nicely done. I haven't seen many of these built up. Did you do mixes for the Dark Slate Grey/Extra Dark Sea Grey, or find something that looked ok out of the bottle?

Lovely model anyway. 👍

5 hours ago, IanC said:

Did you do mixes for the Dark Slate Grey/Extra Dark Sea Grey, or find something that looked ok out of the bottle?

Also curious about this!

17 hours ago, IanC said:

Very nicely done. I haven't seen many of these built up. Did you do mixes for the Dark Slate Grey/Extra Dark Sea Grey, or find something that looked ok out of the bottle?

Lovely model anyway. 👍

Thank you. I found the painting instructions confusing, the paint colours as you say are Extra Dark Sea Grey and Dark Slate Grey but the one colour in the diagram is quite clearly Green! I surfed the Net and found one model painted in two shades of grey and to my eye it didn't look right, or more to the point I didn't like it. Further research found several models painted in Green, Grey and Black camouflage schemes, i also found sites where restoration projects are being painted in those colours. So long story, short  I used Tamiya  XF-81 (RAF Green), XF-24 (Dark Grey) and XF-69 (Nato Black) quite a lot of pre shading and a little post shading. My colour scheme is probably wrong but I can live with it. Hope that helps.

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

50349599886_ba3678dd26_c.jpg

Chris

Thank you

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

I like that a lot. Nicely painted, attention to all the finer points like canopy joints etc. Suitably mounted. Just the way I like em.

Regards

Pete

Thank you

17 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Very smart. Tidy work.

Thank you

15 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Beautifully done. Having walked past this kit on the shelves numerous times, I'm suddenly finding this one rather appealing!

Thank you

4 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Top quality build. Good job!

Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Telboy3510 said:

Thank you. I found the painting instructions confusing, the paint colours as you say are Extra Dark Sea Grey and Dark Slate Grey but the one colour in the diagram is quite clearly Green! I surfed the Net and found one model painted in two shades of grey and to my eye it didn't look right, or more to the point I didn't like it. Further research found several models painted in Green, Grey and Black camouflage schemes, i also found sites where restoration projects are being painted in those colours. So long story, short  I used Tamiya  XF-81 (RAF Green), XF-24 (Dark Grey) and XF-69 (Nato Black) quite a lot of pre shading and a little post shading. My colour scheme is probably wrong but I can live with it. Hope that helps.

Thank you

Thanks for that. The name Dark Slate Grey is itself a bit confusing as the colour was essentially a muddy green! 

2 hours ago, Telboy3510 said:

I used Tamiya  XF-81 (RAF Green), XF-24 (Dark Grey) and XF-69 (Nato Black)

I'm surprised it turned out that close to TSS! XF81 certainly looks a bit greenier green on second inspection, but the overall effect works well.

Looks like an excellent build and finish. I do like the stand with aircraft modelled in flying trim. I would only question the colour of the exhaust collector ring and pipe.

17 hours ago, Maginot said:

Looks like an excellent build and finish. I do like the stand with aircraft modelled in flying trim. I would only question the colour of the exhaust collector ring and pipe.

Thank you