Most accurate Hs 123 and 126 in 1/72 scale?

Procopius

Hullo all,

I was just wondering which of the various offerings in 1/72 are regarded as the most accurate representations of the Henschel Hs 123 and Hs 126. Any help is appreciated!

• Like 1

Have you seen the discussion in the Rumourmonger thread about the Brengun kit of the Hs 126? 

Further down is a comparison of the Airfix and Brengun kit with some scale plans and some comments about the Sabrekits kit too. 

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/05/2022 at 01:31, Giampiero Piva said:

The most accurate Hs126 is, I think, the Sabrekits.

Hello,

I ve been researching HS-126 for years (Kari should be able to attest to that as we exchanged info on the subject almost 20 years ago).

Personally, I believe Zbignew Luranc from the1995 Polish book are the best scale planes out there.

If you consider those, Sabrekits is definitely the best kit out there, although it is not correct for Greek (K6) and Estonian/Soviet (K7) aircraft and misses some details between A and B versions.

Next comes the venerable Airfix - the fuselage is marginally better in shape, but the wing is wrong.

Ital(a)eri kit has a better wing, although not perfect, but the cockpit is all wrong shape.

Matchbox is OK-ish for its age, but the wing is too thin and a bit out of shape...

Brengun is GARBAGE - I have one and am ready to donate it to anyone (ex-postage cost).

The kit is undersized (possibly due to mold shrinkage after cast), but not completely, giving the plane a weird look.

Edited by Eddie_C96
  • Thanks 1

On 11/05/2022 at 14:51, Hook said:

I have two boxings of the Fly He 123 kits in the stash  and they are miles ahead of the Airfix.

Cheers,

Andre

Fly kit is based off Airfix, to the point some parts are interchangeable, with obvioisly some better engraving and detail...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

So we are still waiting for the answer about the most accurate Hs 123. This is especially interesting because Fly and Avis kit differ one from each other in many shape aspects.

I built both Avis and Fly; I personally prefer the Avis which creates fewer problems, while being less accurate here and there. Another solution is to use parts of the Fly on the Avis.

HTH

2 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Given the past records of both Kagero and MMP, I would take their drawings as too reliable for determining the accuracy of any kit.

Would, or would not?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 5:01 AM, Eddie_C96 said:

Βrengun is GARBAGE - I have one and am ready to donate it to anyone (ex-postage cost).

The kit is undersized (possibly due to mold shrinkage after cast), but not completely, giving the plane a weird look.

I am not satisfied from the Brengun offering, but I am working on it. Probably, little or nothing can be done about the shape or the size of the model. At least the fit is good and everything seems to drop right in the proper place.

• 7 months later...