multiple liners project, starting with the olympic class (revell 1/570 and 1/1200 scale titanic)

Hello, coming back to the forum, I got back to my olympic class passion. I did some research and found out there's a lot of what if possibilities for the 3 ships. I managed to negociate 4 books on the class with my parents and got 2 more titanics for easter, one for a june 1911 britannic, when the order was given to proceed with it to harland & wolff (guessing it'd look identical to olympic at this point), the other I'm now unsure if it'll be a  funnel design or not, I can do the A, B and C design preceeding the D one from 1908.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The gift set I got for easter:

spacer.png

What the 1/570 titanic looked like before I started to remove paint and unglued the deck:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The 1/1200 scale kit:

spacer.png

The deck after I started removingg the paint

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Thanks, note that I'm a slow builder and my building speed depends of my motivation and what I'm working one. I'm planning on doing the july 1911 britannic in this livery

spacer.png

I wonder how I'll tackle the windows for my multiple 1/570 kit, I'm not going to spend the kit price for a upgrade set and how I'll do the britannic gantry davits when I'll do another one base on the rigging plan and the lifeboats

spacer.png

source; http://rms-titanic.fr/otb/index/index_b_armement.html

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 1:09 AM, aurelien wolff said:

I wonder how I'll tackle the windows for my multiple 1/570 kit, I'm not going to spend the kit price for a upgrade set and how I'll do the britannic gantry davits when I'll do another one base on the rigging plan and the lifeboats

source; http://rms-titanic.fr/otb/index/index_b_armement.html

Are there any upgrade sets in this scale? I have the Academy 1/600 Titanic that I want to build as the Olympic but I also having problems on how to address the windows.

2 minutes ago, Orso said:

problems on how to address the windows.

Would you explain to a bon

On 5/12/2022 at 12:09 AM, aurelien wolff said:

I wonder how I'll tackle the windows

What exactly is the problem with the windows?

The easiest thing to see is that Titanic's forward section of her A-Deck Promenade was enclosed with windows; Olympic's A-Deck Promenade was left was open to the elements. There was an conversion for the 1/350 scale kit once. I have the Revell 1/700 Olympic that I bought once to have a look at the differences in "3D"

This page has more information https://www.reddit.com/r/titanicfacts/comments/9jq053/visible_differences_between_rms_titanic_and_rms/

Edited by Orso