Yellow Submarine - The Beatles - 1/50 (???) scratchbuilt

Hello people! I have a new model to show you. The Yellow Submarine, from Beatles movie. I compared some pictures to estimate the "real" size of vessel, using the Paul pictures and I believe that the sub is 15 meters long (maybe, or not... I realy dont know...) But, to my work, I use 15 meters, and 1/50 scale. The building was funny, but the glasses from periscopes and portholes (other new word to my dictionary) as hard. I use a thing named "transparent relief ink", also like a resin, but isnt need catalist; just aplied the ink on the local and its dry. The result is nice! --- Edited - I forgot say: I made this model in scratch using cardboard, paper, white glue and toothstick; the base was made with plywood and barbecue stick.

This is the result.

p?i=b30ff67f514cb76da2e84caf7a86bbc4 p?i=e5dfef3c61c21ffc893f16ae7701d3c9

p?i=6e5b690f6bbe64b75a7128846a477242  p?i=f77d14cbd12845133eca8e5c68997e25

p?i=bb71ceeb9a05779407e8dbf98a6fbc2b

Edited by adolfocaetanonetto
Correction
  • Like 30

That looks marvelous.  Certainly looks like the one in the movie.

Somewhere at my parents there is still the Corgi version I played with, and then my daughters played with.  And I went aboard the Yellow Submarine at Liverpool in 1984 after graduation along with 1000s of other visitors to the Garden Festival.  But that sculpture didn’t really look like the one in the film.

• Like 1

Love it. A beutiful work! Huge "Yellow Submarine" fan since i was 3 or so (also this helped me learn English before school). Up until recent car had a small replica hanging from my rearview mirror (current have cameras and was complaining about reflection in windshield.

• Like 1

That's just a lovely thing to make anyone smile.

And as I tapped the touchpad on my laptop to move the scrollbar up and down while I looked at the photos, I suddenly realized I was doing it in the pattern TAP / tap-tap / TAP-tap. So YEL- / -low sub- / MAR-ine, over and over again!

• Like 1