- APOCALYPSE NOW -----THE END

-This is the end.....My only friend  ... the end...(A pocalypse now song)

- 270 models many of them have been posted here to the scrap yard.....

- If I wanted to continue modelling I had to make room in my attic

ELqeqn.jpg

-Sad day...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 29

23 minutes ago, daront said:

Could you not sell them, car boot sale or something?

- I had contemlated to gives them to a museum and had a favorable contact, but the problem was that the kits were packed in fishboxes  shifted by polysterene chips but owing to the heat under the roof of the attic in sommer, many of them had adhered to the surfaces of the model requiring  repainting and decaling all of the models impacted, so no possibility to expose them or even sell them. 

• Like 1

I understand the predicament, at some point mine will for the most part get tossed.  Yes a few could be donated but mostly no.  They mean a lot to me because I built them but not to my kids or grand kids. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Well done!

I think this is a perfect definition of modelling entropy and as such qualifies as the first entry to the Group Build!

Some may not understand this decision, and even allowing for the damage it was a brave thing to do. I know from experience just how cathartic such an excercise can be however. Yes there is sadness for some of what is 'lost' , but the sense of freedom you undoubtedly now have is a positve to take forwards, and now you are mentally free to build more, without the weight of past baggage on your shoulders (or in the loft).

Matt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Donate them to the local veterans home. They make excellent conversation pieces. 

-Sadly for our old soldiers, there is no such associations in that "such wonderfull" country ...

The photo reminds me of  those end of WW2 colour photos of wrecked German  aircraft. 

I expect many of mine will end up the same way. I intend to hang on to the models of types that I have flown in or have some other personal meaning. I do sell a lot of them time to time but it's becoming a shrinking market so sad ends await them like yours.

As for making anymore, we'll, it remains to be seen. It depends on a lot of things. 

• Thanks 1

Wow! It can't be an uncommon problem though, lots of models and not enough display space. Most of mine are in boxes up in the attic, it's more about the building of them for me, so I'm not particularly attached to them. When we move house I'm going to leave them there for the next occupant to discover, I call it 'making archaeology happen'. 

• Like 3

Ugh! You wasted all those perfectly good BB gun targets and firecracker receptacles. As a kid every model I got bored with or didn't like how it came out got blown up to pieces. Lots of fun pretending it's in battle. That was long ago now I'm an adult. Aww who am I kidding I just shot up an Italeri A-10 5 years ago. 

I'm sorry for your loss. 

Edited by Mycapt65
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mycapt65 said:

Ugh! You wasted all those perfectly good BB gun targets and firecracker receptacles. As a kid every model I got bored with or didn't like how it came out got blown up to pieces. Lots of fun pretending it's in battle. That was long ago now I'm an adult. Aww who am I kidding I just shot up an Italeri A-10 5 years ago. 

I'm sorry for your loss. 

How about sporting clays?  Pull that lever and let them fly one last time until the 12 gauge AA takes them out.

• Haha 3

I have a plan - when things begin winding down start doling them out to youngsters so somebody gets some use/happiness out of my work. This is to be done in reverse order of quality and or sentimental value 😜

Last time I moved I took about 50 unfinished models and gave them to a young boy living in the same building - together with non-toxic plastic glue and a selection of Humbrol tins that had been hanging around my modelling table forever.

Seeing his face light up (and his mother's) was more than worth it.

The way out of an embarrassment of riches is... to enrich other people with it 🙃

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 3