some mini AFVs are escaped from its box ...

hk has similar law, but blackdog not likes common japanese model kits in shop, mobile / TV in mall or food in supermarket that have proper importer to provide this service. And i figure this out during cutting the runners, so hard to prove it was blackdog packing problem. Also, hobbyeasy might give me missing parts, but can't help with low QC. Hence, i will leave it at the corner until i have mood ...😑

52916910095_e3d345c10f_z.jpg

52916910025_637909214c_z.jpg

a nice packing of resin kit from mainland/taiwan brand for your reference. you could see how much effort they put on product (blackdog in opposite direction...)

49235926993_684cbe2d23_z.jpg

3 hours ago, sardaukar said:

what colour/brand did you use for the panzer grey?

main colors for Urban Panzer are AV game color series: 72.047 (wolf grey), 72.043 (Beasty Brown).

however, i washed the tank with sepia or black before drybrushing wolf grey, therefore the field blue is more rich. 😉

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

I understand the situation on the resin stuff, it could sit in my stash for a year or two before I discover it's flaws and then sit in a box for a year or two longer until I have the mood to deal with it too. 😬

that's a very light grey, will try something similar, thanks.

I've had some Blackdog stowage since 2018. It will be ideal for fitting to tanks that have been near shell bursts - full of holes!

• Haha 2

Walking King Tiger 🤪

full of bubbles on chassis/turret,

parts not fit, so don't know the angles of leg, hence can't set all four legs "touch ground" 🤬

52944391732_6cd5798845_z.jpg

52944391797_beb697de5b_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Yg Models said:

Walking King Tiger 🤪

full of bubbles on chassis/turret,

parts not fit, so don't know the angles of leg, hence can't set all four legs "touch ground" 🤬

52944391732_6cd5798845_z.jpg

52944391797_beb697de5b_z.jpg

I thought it was a 'chicken' type of walker but no it has 4 legs. Resin kits like this are for the advanced modeller 😜, in other words they are a pain in the bum.

The barrel looks not bad its often the first thing to be warped.

next country is UK 😆

after completed 60% of S-model AFVs, i will shift to paint japanese sci-fi kits in summer...😗

btw, just remain two sharing thread for japanese kit, then i will return to share AFV (>60 nos, one per week). 😘

52947474739_b4f0f741e2_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

i quite like the shape and its sub wheels, but this time only has one BRDM-2😗

52995591476_27f759ac34_z.jpg

btw, the kits in hobbyeasy keep delaying. does it going to bankrupt? 😂

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, sardaukar said:

still missing that Takom kit?

yes, M1070 Gun Truck  is already pending to next week, or i would say week-by-week.😠

i already got wanted S-model in last year. and remain 5 boxes until 100% completion of that batch of "pairs" AFV😗

Edited by Yg Models
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Yg Models said:

finally assembled another blackdog sci-fi AFV which full of holes.

53024859203_2b9bdb1f84_z.jpg

53024858813_61112bbfaf_z.jpg

53024371231_670097c1da_z.jpg

53023797312_cfa3ff508a_z.jpg

53024377081_04a439834d_z.jpg

btw, Takom's gun truck which i pre-ordered still pending on that online shop.😵‍💫

Looking good so far, How did you fill those holes?

5 hours ago, sardaukar said:

How did you fill those holes?

haven't grout any holes yet.

but i would use water-base cement putty, which is much soften than common japanese epoxy /resin putty, usually apply on AFV/fighter/train/miniatures that won't have movable joints.

something likes this:

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/product/crafts/auxiliaries-decorative-arts/plastic-putty/

17 minutes ago, Yg Models said:

haven't grout any holes yet.

but i would use water-base cement putty, which is much soften than common japanese epoxy /resin putty, usually apply on AFV/fighter/train/miniatures that won't have movable joints.

something likes this:

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/product/crafts/auxiliaries-decorative-arts/plastic-putty/

Well I guess if they aren't visible, why bother. Ive found that vallejo plastic putty doesn't grip too well and comes off easily, I think I'd use CA if I had to, on top of a filler powder as long as you can sand it flat.