some mini AFVs are escaped from its box ...

16 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Well if it makes the money and the less popular stuff gets made too then why not. I'd like to see more early war German stuff though, ironically the bigger the tanks the less successful the Germans were, but shhhh! 🤫 don't tell anyone 😄

Don’t get me wrong, I think that is where Modelcollect messed up, Russian tanks didn’t sell as well as they hoped, if they had released one or two money makers to better fund the Russian stuff things may have been different for them ? First to fight seem to concentrate on early war German tanks and vehicles with a lot of the early marks of panzers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yg Models said:

yes, several similar (for me) Leopard are published in short period.

Luckily most of the later releases have mostly been different mks of the leopard, Vespid have the 2A7+ and the 2A7V, Meng and Takom both have gone for the 2A7, Border do the 2A6, Dragon seem to be rereleasing their 2A4 and 2A6, Revell have the 2A4, 2A5, 2A6 and then the Dutch and Swedish versions and let’s not forget the Hasagawa 2A3/4 kit. All of the earlier releases apart from the Dragon 2A4 suffer from some problems so I can sort of understand releasing better models but what other modern tank is as well covered? Well until Trumpeter start releasing their various ZTZ 99 series.

• Thanks 1

Sd.Kfz.7/2, i choose winter blue for it 😊

52755299418_49f8617af8_z.jpg

4 hours ago, Old pro said:

...2A7+ and the 2A7V, ... Border do the 2A6, Dragon ... 2A4 and 2A6, Revell have the 2A4, 2A5, 2A6...

but they all looks similar to me 😅, i have Takom's 2A7, unless likes the difference in b/w T-90 & T-90MC, otherwise won't buy leopard again.

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 3

know the price of Trumpeter's Topol-M today, more than seven hundreds 😩,

so i could choose Zvezda 's Topol, which in reasonable 1/3 of trumpeter one. 😊

Edited by Yg Models

26 minutes ago, Yg Models said:

know the price of Trumpeter's Topol-M today, more than seven hundreds 😩,

so i could choose Zvezda 's Topol, which in reasonable 1/3 of trumpeter one. 😊

They are two different models, the Zvezda being an early version with 7 road wheels per side and the Trumpeter/Hobbyboss being a later model with 8 road wheels per side, the two extra wheels don’t justify the price which is nearly the same as the 1/35th model.

4D also make the early Topol probably cheaper than Zvezda.

• Thanks 1

thx, you explained before. I know Topol-M is (a little bit, for me) different from Topol. But the molding + QC of trumpeter not as good as zvezda, the price setting is triple of Zvezda kit. Since i not a hardcore military modeler, quality & price is more important for me, i just want to buy a mobile intercontinental ballistic missile, Topol, Topol-M, DF-41, etc are no different for me.😅 Therefore, would pass Trumpeter's Topol-M. Also, haven't see 4D in HK.

i think you already pre-ordered Topol-M? 😗

Flak 😆

52759646031_2ac5f432ac_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 5

On 18/03/2023 at 08:33, Old pro said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think that is where Modelcollect messed up, Russian tanks didn’t sell as well as they hoped, if they had released one or two money makers to better fund the Russian stuff things may have been different for them ? First to fight seem to concentrate on early war German tanks and vehicles with a lot of the early marks of panzers.

Yeah there is a lot of stuff on scalemates that was never released that should've sold well, leopard 2, t-55 a decent t-62? and I think a tiger.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yg Models said:

i think you already pre-ordered Topol-M? 😗

At that price, I’ll give it a miss! Unless I can get it cheap somewhere 😱 Zvezda is a nice kit but delicate, I broke mine moving, I was going to repair it but I am missing the front of the cab! So I might have to get another one.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sardaukar said:

Yeah there is a lot of stuff on scalemates that was never released that should've sold well, leopard 2, t-55 a decent t-62? and I think a tiger.

And we still wait for a decent T 55 and 62😤

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

cabinets on both sides😗

not as rigid as current zvezda kit, but already better current trumpeter / hobbyboss / modelcollect kits, and its price is lowest. 👍

but the cockpit doesn't have interior and / or seat...😑

52777482148_8d57774f88_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, echen said:

Sd.Kfz7/2 indy links,  link and length or rubber/plastic band?

one-piece, nice molding but difficult to touchup the wheels😂, by orange models

52755301978_9ce13efc31_z.jpg

really strange to publish indy links in 1/72 AFV 😑

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trumpeter Famo tracks in 1/72 are indy links - alrhough they do supply rubber band tracks as an altenative. See my link above.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, echen said:

Trumpeter Famo tracks in 1/72 are indy links - alrhough they do supply rubber band tracks as an altenative. See my link above.

I did not know that about the trumpeter Famo, lets hope they give you a few spare links :).

• Like 1

this should be the way i like to assemble track: extra provided framework, more appreciate than rubber track, one-piece wheels cum track, etc. however, not every AFV kit even from same brand provide this framework.

with framework helps, i could adjust / fine tune the track before dry, wait it become rigid, then combine with chassis. 

this one is Takom's T-54B 😁

52801940639_8b261a5bf9_z.jpg

52801939614_38d667cf5e_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 2