some mini AFVs are escaped from its box ...

30 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

I just made an order to hobbyeasy the other day...

if trumpeter/hobbyboss website keep non-function after this sunday (初十五, companies normally won't keep closing more than two weeks since lunar new year), i need to order a "big" batch too. 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yg Models said:

if trumpeter/hobbyboss website keep non-function after this sunday (初十五, companies normally won't keep closing more than two weeks since lunar new year), i need to order a "big" batch too. 🤔

Hobbyboss site is down as well, seeing that they belong to the same company I guess it’s their problem.

Trumpeter models are still coming in, even the Topol M is on preorder £105!

Some claim to have seen later models to be yet released how true that is I don’t know?

1 hour ago, Old pro said:

Hobbyboss site is down as well, seeing that they belong to the same company I guess it’s their problem.

Trumpeter models are still coming in, even the Topol M is on preorder £105!

Some claim to have seen later models to be yet released how true that is I don’t know?

I just bought the maz 357 with trailer but it is showing as available on hobbyeasy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sardaukar said:

I just bought the maz 357 with trailer but it is showing as available on hobbyeasy.

It’s up on eBay for £27 + 9 p&p I did have the Takom version which was nice, but in a mad fit of sorting out when moving ( or culling the stash and started to what I might/maybe will finish) it got discarded, but for some bizarre reason I still have the tyres! 

5 minutes ago, Old pro said:

It’s up on eBay for £27 + 9 p&p I did have the Takom version which was nice, but in a mad fit of sorting out when moving ( or culling the stash and started to what I might/maybe will finish) it got discarded, but for some bizarre reason I still have the tyres! 

I have the Takom one with the t-54b and the boxing of the tractor units. it's actually the tires that have put me off building it so far, a bit worried about the adverse reaction between rubber and plastic.

the trumpy kit I believe comes with Ukrainian markings it may make a good pairing for my Ukrainian T-80.

20 hours ago, Old pro said:

Some claim to have seen later models to be yet released...

how about situation of modelcollect? i could find some of its 1/72 old kits, but seems doesn't have any new kit for a year?

btw, takom announces cool mini AFV for its 1/16 series. But the price ... 😨

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10957683

and 1/72 M1070 will be published again 😁

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10957694

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Yg Models said:

how about situation of modelcollect? i could find some of its 1/72 old kits, but seems doesn't have any new kit for a year?

Who knows anymore with Modelcollect, the MT-LB has been announced how long? The moulds were cut years ago and have still not been released, the base version is up for pre-order on their site, but given the amount of pre orders that have never turned up I’m sceptical and won’t risk it until I see them in the shops, hobby link had them for an Aug 2022 release and still nothing.

A lot of the old Modelcollect kits are now sold as pre made model under the Artisan label, some have new bits added but they are expensive.

i doubt Modelcollect will release anything, I have misgivings about the MT-LB shape wise, but it is hard to tell from photos so I would have given it a go, I always like to see models in the flesh before giving an opinion.

5 hours ago, Old pro said:

hobby link had them for an Aug 2022 release and still nothing

my pre-order record of MT-LB still keep in email box, but the page of it in online shop is already disappeared. 😂

maybe trumpeter / hobbyboss would follow similar steps 😨

10 hours ago, sardaukar said:

that's no normal M1070, it's a gun truck, will be getting this for sure.

i may buy it too, depends the price. But Takom has 1+1 series, may repack with another AFV in short perio?😬

10 hours ago, Yg Models said:

my pre-order record of MT-LB still keep in email box, but the page of it in online shop is already disappeared. 😂

Yes odd that, but you can pre-order the one with low pressure tracks! Having a few models on pre order that have now completely vanished, personally I would risk it.

i doubt it, both Trumpeter and Hobbyboss are owned by a larger company, Modelcollect on the other hand was a single endeavour and by and large a warning of how not to run a company, tried to do too much too quick, where moulds are the largest investment, they tried everything at once which is a huge investment, even Trumpeter started out slow, and even partnered with other companies (like pit road in the beginning) 

• Thanks 1

Modelsforsale.com here in the UK seem to have received a big batch of the MAN and HEMTT truck and trailer model collect kits, hopefully that means model collect still has a future...

Oh and the same site now seems to be cheaper for hobbyboss than me ordering from Asia.

10 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Modelsforsale.com here in the UK seem to have received a big batch of the MAN and HEMTT truck and trailer model collect kits, hopefully that means model collect still has a future...

The trucks seem readily available, seems like the workers only took the tank moulds! I hope I am wrong and that they do get themselves back in business, that said the MT-LB moulds have been cut and ready since before the trouble started and has still not been released.

Oh and the same site now seems to be cheaper for hobbyboss than me ordering from Asia.

usually models are cheaper to get in the UK than from China, usually though you have to wait a while for them to appear in the UK, although Smodels don’t seem to have a UK vendor so you have no choice but to go elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Old pro said:

Well the Trumpeter site is back, last update 06/02/23 as is Hobbyboss 

Was thinking about a large order, hobby easy have a lot of their trumpeter kits on discount at the moment, but panic over. :frantic:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Old pro said:

Well the Trumpeter site is back

yes, a two weeks off /false alarm. the server is already there, why they need to turn it off during holidays? 😂

1 hour ago, sardaukar said:

Was thinking about a large order

me too. now could save the money to buy new paints, e.g. oil paints or "pro acryl".🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1