some mini AFVs are escaped from its box ...

On 16/12/2022 at 12:08, Yg Models said:

remember the doom of my bookshelf at the beginning of this thread? since it is full of completed model kits (miniatures, Metal Gear, FSS, Ghost in the shell, Ma.K, EVA, Zoids, etc), even 1/72 AFVs are tiny, still no space for them. need to storage in boxes ... 😂

how about yours? have space to display them all together?

52566360601_60e33327fb_z.jpg

52566883168_4b551236c9_z.jpg

the 'shelf of doom' is only for unfinished models that aren't finished enough to make it into the display cabinet usually.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of these. did you post finished shots of your Ka-Tsu? I still haven't properly finished mine. 

6 hours ago, sardaukar said:

did you post finished shots of your Ka-Tsu? I still haven't properly finished mine. 

no, not yet, there has 31 nos. of AFVs waiting to share before it😝

if you want some images for reference, go search in my flickr🤫

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yg Models said:

vespid 's centurion is nice, just the basket at rear of turret is difficult to stick together.

btw, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 🥳

52588736049_e7da001189_z.jpg

I need to get this, although that is a lot of photo etch which can be good for some swearing.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year too.

3 hours ago, Yg Models said:

vespid 's centurion is nice, just the basket at rear of turret is difficult to stick together.

btw, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 🥳

52588736049_e7da001189_z.jpg

Merry Christmas and a happy new year also. I have one of these making it’s way from China, I don’t expect to see it before next year though😂😂 kinda wished that I had paid a little bit more for the mantle and metal barrel version, how have they done the fume extractor on the barrel?

9 hours ago, sardaukar said:

that is a lot of photo etch

actually, i don't enjoy photo etch on this kind of small model kit. they are too small, can't stick firmly...

7 hours ago, Old pro said:

mantle and metal barrel version, how have they done the fume extractor on the barrel?

metal barrel in standard version too, deluxe edition just has one additional 3D print.

fume extractor is another plastic part, not one-piece in metal barrel.

52588907335_eb53880261_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models

On 27/12/2022 at 15:56, Yg Models said:

actually, i don't enjoy photo etch on this kind of small model kit. they are too small, can't stick firmly...

metal barrel in standard version too, deluxe edition just has one additional 3D print.

fume extractor is another plastic part, not one-piece in metal barrel.

52588907335_eb53880261_z.jpg

I already have the old Cromwell version of this tank, but it will be nice to see how the Vespid plastic one measures up, hopefully better than the ACE Centurions, that I have never gotten round to finishing one yet! 
spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Old pro said:

I already have the old Cromwell version of this tank, but it will be nice to see how the Vespid plastic one measures up, hopefully better than the ACE Centurions, that I have never gotten round to finishing one yet! 
spacer.png

I have several ace centurions in the stash, are they really that bad? I also have a black dog resin kit although for my sanity I tend to limit resin builds to one or two a year. CA glue is very unforgiving with resin.

1 hour ago, sardaukar said:

I have several ace centurions in the stash, are they really that bad? I also have a black dog resin kit although for my sanity I tend to limit resin builds to one or two a year. CA glue is very unforgiving with resin.

Yes and no or maybe it’s just me! People have made them, but the biggest problem I found is that no matter what I tried was getting the hull to line up square, despite having a bracing part in the middle! Between that and the clean up of some parts have put them on hold for a long time, even toyed with the idea of mixing with the Hobby Master centurions where the hull is die cast but at least square 😂😂

• Like 1

Hello Yg, 

I must say this thread has been extremely interesting -- an interesting perspective from so far away. 

Now, I must admit I skipped around a bit, so I hope you have not had to answer this before, but -- I am quite familiar with Dragon armor kits in 1/72, but you early on referred to "Red Dragon" kits.  can you explain who "Red Dragon" is?    I've googled as much as I can stand, and all I come up with is pictures/sculptures of red-colored mythological flying reptiles.  

Thanks for any info.

Happy New Year,

Bob C

hi Bob C.

it is good to hear you enjoy this thread and happy new year. Welcome to chat mini AFV or other stuffs here.

14 hours ago, Bob C. said:

can you explain who "Red Dragon" is?

i think we are discussing the same brand, its official website is shown as following:

http://www.dragon-models.com/

red dragon is the common name of this brand in Hong Kong. another example, HK modellers calls Takom as 三花 (chinese word meaning three flowers), Meng as 猛 (bold and powerful), correct chinese of Tamiya is 田宮, but HK modellers call it 双星 (meaning twice stars), however we use cantonese pronunciation to call hasegawa, i.e. 哈斯加華 instead of correct chinese 長谷川, etc. 🤣

14 hours ago, Bob C. said:

mythological flying reptiles

chinese dragon in the western perspective is flying reptiles.🤣

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yg Models said:

still don't know how to treat / grout this horrible wheels by T-model. 😵 or i should omit them, build a HMMWV w/o wheels. 😏

52601878355_45d8d60051_w.jpg

They don't look great, although some Tamiya basic putty worked into those cracks could make them a lot better.

i still enjoying sci-fi kits from japanese brands, no schedule return to my AFV stack yet. also around two weeks later will be the lunar new year (2023 is year of rabbit). so I don't have mood to grout those chaos wheels or begin another AFV. before i continue HMMWV, let share some progress photos of the completed AFVs with you first.

52248959020_649fe8843d_z.jpg

52248958230_15ddfda983_z.jpg

52270128117_d76c55520b_z.jpg

52286485203_f9cfd31fa3_z.jpg

52294559297_283798b912_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Old pro said:

I would say more the Esci release, didn’t the Italeri release have hard link and length track? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have the latest Italeri version and it still has rubber band tracks. You might be thinking of the Hasegawa Churchill although it has no fenders so really needs those better tracks.

6 hours ago, sardaukar said:

I have the latest Italeri version and it still has rubber band tracks. You might be thinking of the Hasegawa Churchill although it has no fenders so really needs those better tracks.

The Esci kit came with both L&L and rubber band, depending when it was bought, the Italeri rerelease must have come out with L&L as I bought mine aeons ago, they must have changed them back to rubber for some reason? The Hasegawa also has rubber tracks as far as I know Esci  ( subsequently Italeri)was the only one to release hard tracks, here’s the box I got😁😁

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Old pro said:

The Esci kit came with both L&L and rubber band, depending when it was bought, the Italeri rerelease must have come out with L&L as I bought mine aeons ago, they must have changed them back to rubber for some reason? The Hasegawa also has rubber tracks as far as I know Esci  ( subsequently Italeri)was the only one to release hard tracks, here’s the box I got😁😁

You are right and my mistake, I knew Id built a Churchill with link and length tracks. Italeri going back to the rubber band tracks confused me so I thought it must have been Hasegawa. Both tanks are on my growing unweathered shelf of doom. Looking a bit dusty too.

PXL_20230106_224122088.jpg

The ESCI/Italeri Churchill with link and length tracks.

PXL_20230106_224114895.jpg

The Hasegawa Churchill with rubber band tracks, can see the join. Both are nice kits and of course are different marks.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2022 at 5:09 PM, Old pro said:

One problem with the kit, is that they allow for both front doors to be open but the rear doors are meant to be shut...

i have 4K51 now, so I may need to concern the issue you mentioned before. could you explain it with images, since i am a military rookie. 😆