some mini AFVs are escaped from its box ...

clean up the windows,

nice slat armor for 1/72.

i very enjoy this D9R, will buy it again (after i finished those in my long schedule 😂 ), if has Takom ver will be prefect.

52537547093_0024a7d818_z.jpg

52537538323_cbf19792ea_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Yg Models said:

takom ver doesn't have slat armor😂, actually, i want that US 70tons transporter.

I have the tank transporter with the Abrams. the British army uses the same transporter but I need to do the research to see what changes building it to British army standard would take and then it would get a challenger 2 on it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, sardaukar said:

I have the tank transporter with the Abrams.

you got the limited ver🤩. since i got trumpeter 's Abrams, not looking for that one anymore 😉.

compare with tank transporter, i more want takom's "Hanomag ss100 + V-2", but also out of stock 😭

http://www.takom-world.com/index/product/details/id/35

btw, if not hobbyeasy restocked Zvezda's 1/72 AFV, i won't figure that brand in its website. It is strange that Zvezda button is missing from website's 1/72 schedule, i need to use the search function to find out Zvezda's 1/72 series. Hence, i order 5 boxes from it.😂

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

molding, QC, details of Zvezda is the top (?) of 1/72 AFV🤩

chinese brands prefer to mold the turret, chasis in one-piece, but when they mold small details in 6-sides box, it always unfit, big gap, easy to break; Zvezda doesn't have those problems, and its price is reasonable in my town.🥰

52547513987_1ca08e0a44_z.jpg

PS: this 8-wheels Bumerang not the one i am painting ...😗

52548448985_5fe8f1137d_z.jpg

52548519768_06f66d1f17_z.jpg

hence, i will try its big size kit: S-400 Triumf SA-21 Groeler, wish it is also high quality, easy to build 😊

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yg Models said:

chinese brands prefer to mold the turret, chasis in one-piece, but when they mold small details in 6-sides box, it always unfit, big gap, easy to break; Zvezda doesn't have those problems, and its price is reasonable in my town.🥰

hence, i will try its big size kit: S-400 Triumf SA-21 Groeler, wish it is also high quality, easy to build 😊

The S 400 is a nice kit, it looks complicated but goes together very nicely although be careful when mounting the missile tubes, they go in one position for firing and another for transport and I don’t mean horizontal or vertical but on the arm, in the transport position they won’t touch the ground when raised, so the model can only be built one way or the other.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Old pro said:

... but on the arm ... so the model can only be built one way or the other.

so S 400's missile tubes can't raise up / lay down after built (as per SS-23 by hobbyboss)? i.e. i could only choose one mode to build? seems this is a "cons" for me. I need to cancel my order.😂

5 hours ago, Yg Models said:

a nice stash of zvezda, I've built one of their tigers and a panther but not actually built any of their modern stuff yet. 

• Haha 1

On 07/12/2022 at 09:44, Yg Models said:

so S 400's missile tubes can't raise up / lay down after built (as per SS-23 by hobbyboss)? i.e. i could only choose one mode to build? seems this is a "cons" for me. I need to cancel my order.😂

Just to clarify what I mean. The first image the top container is in the transport position the bottom in the launch position, 

spacer.png

The second picture shows the launch position, the left container is in the launch position the right container in the travel configuration.

you can move the launch arm but one way or the other the containers will be in the wrong, you could of course put them all in the launch position and when travelling they will look a little far back, but who is going to notice other that a nut like me😂😂

spacer.png

Edited by Old pro
Forgot pictures!
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Old pro said:

...top container is in the transport position the bottom in the launch position...

thx for further explain it with images.😊

i don't mind the containers are sightly wrong position in transportation mode,

btw, does any missile inside those containers?

now i could re-order it again 😂 with Ballistic Missile Launcher "Topol".

does zvezda's topol has any hidden problem/issue that i should consider?🤔

Edited by Yg Models

3 hours ago, Yg Models said:

thx for further explain it with images.😊

i don't mind the containers are sightly wrong position in transportation mode,

btw, does any missile inside those containers?

now i could re-order it again 😂 with Ballistic Missile Launcher "Topol".

does zvezda's topol has any hidden problem/issue that i should consider?🤔

No real problems with the Topol, only one minor niggle, the tyres, the tread all points in the same direction so you either have the tyres pointing one way one side and the opposite way the other side.

spacer.png

the outside.

spacer.png

the inside and unfortunately they are directional, this is the only Zvezda kit that suffers from this and it was one of their first so we can forgive them. I have  gone for having the tread pattern the right way on both sides and the put it in the display cabinet facing the good side out 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On a side note, just got hold of the Smodel BMP 2 and I must say wow! So many spare bits for different versions or they are going to release different versions, some bits I can’t even work out what they are or for which version I’m going to have a good look at my references tomorrow.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Old pro said:

this is the only Zvezda kit that suffers from this and it was one of their first so we can forgive them.

thx share experience of Topol, i would forgive it too.

btw, the barrel of 2S35 is so long. does is the same gun on Bereg?🤔

52554803030_fb8dcef42a_z.jpg

2 minutes ago, Yg Models said:

thx share experience of Topol, i would forgive it too.

btw, the barrel of 2S35 is so long. does is the same gun on Bereg?🤔

52554803030_fb8dcef42a_z.jpg

No the Bereg is 130mm and the 2S35 152mm not much difference at 1/72 but the shape of the barrel is different, the 2S19 barrel is much closer in shape although also 152mm, in fact there is so little difference I have used it on the Modelcollect Bereg where the gun is a little short and skinny 😂

12 minutes ago, Old pro said:

An interesting comparison ... used it on the Modelcollect Bereg where the gun is a little short and skinny...

thx, helpful comparing photo 😁

PzH2000, AS90, M109 published by which brand?

Edited by Yg Models

I think the PzH 2000 must be the Revell product. I have one in the WIP section here too. Don't know about the others. Looks like SPGs must all be massive vehicles seeing the 1/72 versions side by side. The PzH 2000 makes my other 1/72 kits look very small.

4 hours ago, Yg Models said:

thx, helpful comparing photo 😁

PzH2000, AS90, M109 published by which brand?

As stated the PzH2000 is from Revell, the AS90 is Trumpeter and the M109 is Riich, although Revell also do various versions of the M109 as well

• Thanks 1

remember the doom of my bookshelf at the beginning of this thread? since it is full of completed model kits (miniatures, Metal Gear, FSS, Ghost in the shell, Ma.K, EVA, Zoids, etc), even 1/72 AFVs are tiny, still no space for them. need to storage in boxes ... 😂

how about yours? have space to display them all together?

52566360601_bbec2bfcfe_z.jpg

52566883168_90b2f20260_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models

On 11/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, sardaukar said:

Yay, glad I influenced someone, s-model kits often aren't taken seriously for being 'quick build', but they are way better than the like of armourfast or even PSC kits, (which have their place for wargaming) .

And, with their crisp moulding and etched brass small details, frankly streets ahead of the mediocre Airfix Firefly and shockingly bad Tiger.

Edited by Seahawk

10 hours ago, Seahawk said:

And, with their crisp moulding and etched brass small details, frankly streets ahead of the mediocre Airfix Firefly and shockingly bad Tiger.

I've seen the firefly kitbashed into decent models, but the tiger is pretty poor and looks way out of place beside other 1/72 tiger offerings.