some mini AFVs are escaped from its box ...

unfortunately in the uk many local model shops have disappeared, even in London with a population of 9.5million there is only one decent model shop left. ordering from Asia I can buy stuff you just don't see in the uk.

• Sad 2

Same here in Southampton. Not quite the same population but 1 shop out in a suburb that has quite limited kit stock - mainly concentrates on model railways. 😂

15 hours ago, sardaukar said:

unfortunately in the uk many local model shops have disappeared...only one decent model shop left...

10 hours ago, echen said:

Same here in Southampton.

sad to hear this news.

in HK, shops only disappear when the owner is passed away.

so the numbers of shops is decreasing slower.

However, as mentioned before, those online shops, oversea websites are taking the profits from them.

make them more difficult to survive or import non-popular model kits to sell.😟

I agree that buying through internet/oversea is very convenient, is a trend can't revise.

but choosing images from screen really different from picking up a product at shop.

and it is very inconvenient if you want to ask something, request replace defeat items.

btw, forgot to mention in previous reply, actually the price in local shops is lower than Hobbyeasy.com,

since shops always promote military kits, I not only no need to pay shipping, but also gain discount,

e.g. 1 buy 2nos. of red dragon could have 80% discount;

e.g.1 buy above HK$800 (~GBP82) could have 65% discount;

e.g.3 buy 5nos. of Trumpeter / Hobbyboss could have 80% discount;

e.g.4 regular seasonal / festival discount 90%

let compare London with HK, which both are busy city.

it looks like HK is bigger than London, 2,754.97km2 (HK) vs 1,572 km2 (London),

but almost 60% of area is water, then (i think) 80% of the rest land area is countryside / mountain.

about population, HK now has 7.5millions people; as you mention London has 9.5millions.

the most important, i think here still have more than 30 model shops in here, some focus on gunpla, Japanese brands, Mainland China brands, RC, railway, bus, ....

10 hours ago, echen said:

....model railways

i plan to try railway kit, especial BR-86, which could combine with my Morser Karl-Gerat☺️

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i keep enjoy painting miniature for last few weeks (even next two months), so haven't update this post.

however, the box of 1/150 Soyuz is not rigid, so i cut the parts first ...

it is smaller than i assume.😑

52116038946_77fe488068_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models
  • Like 3

On 5/11/2022 at 11:55 PM, sardaukar said:

have you checked out hobbyeasy.com this has a fantastic selection of brands and kits and is based in Hong Kong.

Hi Sardaukar,

i got my first package of 1/72 from hobbyeasy.com. all of them are products which disappeared from local shops for so long. Hence, thank for your suggestion again. 🤗

And 9 more mini AFA are free to run under my desk... i update the images to the beginning of this post. 😄

• Like 1

Looks like you picked up some cool new stuff. I've always fancied building a Mörser Karl since watching Girls und Panzer. Actually to be honest I want to build every tank in Girls und Panzer, although in historical markings is fine.

in this order, i like missile truck "spider" most.

11 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Girls und Panzer

haven't watch that anime. for similar stuff, i only read "Arpeggio of Blue Steel", then became interested in battleships 😂

may try to build egg fleet (SD) 🥰

ちび丸| (fujimimokei.com)

haven't buy the kit, but already bought the wires ☺️

52001578489_308da72f81_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

after Soviet Object 730, i shift to Germany 's MAUS 🐁

duel gun remind me about C&C: Red Alert 2 (an old RTS)

52245028806_e3157d4baa_z.jpg

52244053992_caa8f5bd86_z.jpg

this mouse is so heavy, require double wide track to support itself😂

52245040268_213ddd90cd_z.jpg

Edited by Yg Models

2 hours ago, Yg Models said:

after Soviet Object 730, i shift to Germany 's MAUS 🐁

duel gun remind me about C&C: Red Alert 2 (an old RTS)

52245028806_e3157d4baa_z.jpg

52244053992_caa8f5bd86_z.jpg

this mouse is so heavy, require double wide track to support itself😂

52245040268_213ddd90cd_z.jpg

Flakpanzer, pretty cool.

PLA from three different brands:

Trumpeter; Meng; Red Dragon

52257719245_bd4be28ebb_z.jpg

of course, Meng has better molding quality and details. I just afraid it is a scale down model kit from its 1/35 ver, so the details is a little bit "too fine", not suitable for 1/72; on the other hand, red dragon is below its standard ... 😑

btw, they not the next AFV i going to paint.😆

Edited by Yg Models

@Yg Models That's a serious looking dozer compared to the green one, almost like a different scale if I didn't know you focus on 1/72, Both look very well put together. Nice work.

Edited by echen

22 hours ago, echen said:

the green one

it is a WWII tracker of German, will share later.

16 hours ago, sardaukar said:

M1070 with trailer

yes, it will look fantastic if dock on M1070 trailer, but Takom ver is out of stock 😔

right, it has lot of works, so many parts need to paint first before assembly😟

btw, your parcel arrive yet?

and i 'm waiting Soviet MT-LB 6MB (modelcollect), which delayed 2 months...😂

Edited by Yg Models

3 hours ago, Yg Models said:

yes, it will look fantastic if dock on M1070 trailer, but Takom ver is out of stock 

There is some trailer and tractor sets from Model Collect like the HEMTT or the MAN tractors 

btw, your parcel arrive yet?

Yes I got it last week £22 in customs charges not too bad i guess 

and i 'm waiting Soviet MT-LB 6MB (modelcollect), which delayed 2 months...

So am I, we might be waiting a while. Rumour has it Model Collect are in a bit of trouble, they lost control of their moulds during lockdown although there does seem to be some new boxings of the fist of war stuff coming out so who knows. Ive been grabbing any of there stuff I see. Russian/Soviet stuff has suddenly gotten a lot more popular recently... for some reason. :hmmm:

14 hours ago, sardaukar said:

...Model Collect are in a bit of trouble...during lockdown...

yes, the infection numbers and/or area in china & hong kong is relatively lower than the surrounding countries. but this non-stop situation really affect people living. almost every two seasons will have a small explosion and lockdown the city ...

i see trumpeter, hobbyboss also publish or plan to publish similar (i feel it is the same kit?) tractors, trailers, etc. the out of stock tractors by modelcollect are shown in the coming list of hobbyboss...🤔 this make me confuse, shall i wait hobbyboss ver or buy modelcollect ver.😂

14 hours ago, sardaukar said:

...Model Collect like the HEMTT or the MAN tractors ...

their appearance can't attract me. 😛

£22 for that heavy and big parcel is reasonable. i just paid ~£10 (charge by the shop i pre-order it) for a japanese model kit 😖

(packing size is similar to one box of 1/72 AFV. if follow the exchange rate, it just £20, now became £30) 

and because seeing yours list, i go get my "Middle East Pickup Set B" today.🤣

Edited by Yg Models

Sabre will release the M1070 with the trailer, this will be the same as the takom kit, basically what they did with the D9R.

Trucks seem to be getting popular, I want a Pantsir, either Armory or Zvezda.

I do have a ww2 dragon wagon partially built and half painted on the shelf of doom to finish.

I have both boxes of the middle East pickups, they are nice but I wish they'd give enough weapon options for both models in each kit. You can mix and match the weapons between kits. Look fwd to seeing yours.

bought the universal pixel camo for one of the PLA.

52284142063_d635b17ca9_z.jpg

23 hours ago, sardaukar said:

Sabre will release the M1070

thx for info, i would 100% buy it even not plan to build trailer(s).

Pantsir looks interesting, JGSDF has a similar but tiny one (by fujimi)

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10807618

ww2 dragon wagon? the M25 Tank Transporter? yours come with the " heavy railway gun"?

checked the parts, how could Transform Colors give me two cars but only included one set of AA gun😵

Is that the humvee? Too many things to go wrong with those wheels, but at least they won't go sticky.

Id love to show off my collection of Chinese tanks, but they are all still untouched in boxes.

I'm intrigued to see how similar the 3 different boxings of the ZTZ-99A compare, its not a tank we see much of in the west. Although I think China use it at the tank biathlon which is worth checking out on youtube.

1660746755266025-0.png

• Like 1