Eduard 1/48 Fulmar Mk II

I have just started the Eduard 1/48 Fulmar Mk II for something different, This version comes without the resin of the other various editions put out by other companies. I also have two more versions of the MPM kit sitting in stash to build at some stage.

Here is the initial parts of the build including the wheel wells.

6LCLq8y.jpg

The fuselage prior to painting.

H6bWi4p.jpg

The fuselage after initial coat of SMS British Interior Green. I have added the pre painted PE and will be adding a few scratch built parts to make it look a fraction better prior to weathering the interior.

VpYvTGe.jpg

The various interior bits that need to be completed then weathered prior to installation.

CchhNYt.jpg

Of course I still had to make up the interior of the wing light to add the wing light lens and PE.

tvGWyf2.jpg

• Like 4

Nice start David.  Great aircraft the Fulmar, punched far above its weight.  Top scoring Fleet Air Arm type.

I have previously build two of the SH version and have a further three in the stash (with the resin & PE).  It's a tricky kit to build but well worth it..

If you have any queries - bung them up on here there are enough people with loads of knowledge on the Fulmar on this site, that you will get an answer...

• 1 month later...

The Fulmar is back to the table after being away for work and having COVID for a 2nd time. The interior actually managed to go together ok as did the fuselage. The wings suffer the usual MPM/SH problem of wings leading edges not having smooth joining edges. The BIG surprise for me was the tail hook insert actually going in with minimal filler, unlike so many others from this manufacturer.

irKk8o9.jpg

pM64prT.jpg

jxcvdKo.jpg

EdSlemF.jpg

2ubaWwa.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, bigbadbadge said:

This looks great , nice job on the interiors, and fuselage .  Will tag along, got the Special Hobby kit in the stash myself.

Cracking work. 

Chris 

Chris, I also have another MPM kit and the Special Hobby version of the same kit so this ine is a trial as such.

A few more bits done, mainly PE. I am amazed at how I have managed to get the PE done to a reasonable standard (for me anyway) and I have even worked out how to get it on the model reasonable quickly.

cf6GcJa.jpg

uO3dxqn.jpg

I removed the gun inserts and put a bit of card behind them to get the right angle on them. They look much better now.

fnzlRfj.jpg

QHgTnCj.jpg