Is Lone Star Models still in existence?

SallysDad

He posts a lot on Hyperscale under the name ResinPrince, I get the impression he works on the resin part time, as a proud Texan, huntin' and suchlike can take up a lot of a mans time. 😀

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SallysDad said:

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place. 

I have been trying to find a working website for them with no success.

Are they still in business? They had great resin stuff.

Thanks.

Ive been trying to reach the man for four years. I even have modeling friends in Texas that cant get a hold of him. I gave up and have decided that I will need to scratch build what I want to do. I wish you better luck than I had. 

50 minutes ago, Coors54 said:

He posts a lot on Hyperscale under the name ResinPrince, I get the impression he works on the resin part time, as a proud Texan, huntin' and suchlike can take up a lot of a mans time. 😀

Proud Texan not withstanding Hes losing business ? You’d think he’d sell all of it on if he had higher priorities. 

The proprietor is a friend of mine. His wife is terminally ill, and he’s caring for her at home while trying to master new kits and make castings, so cut him some slack. He will re-open his web site for orders in a few weeks if all goes as planned. All this information has been posted on his Facebook page and on Hyperscale, if you had bothered to read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

The proprietor is a friend of mine. His wife is terminally ill, and he’s caring for her at home while trying to master new kits and make castings, so cut him some slack. He will re-open his web site for orders in a few weeks if all goes as planned. All this information has been posted on his Facebook page and on Hyperscale, if you had bothered to read it.

My apologies I had no idea ? I don't have Facebook and almost never visit Hyperscale except through a posted link ? If the info is on his actual website Either its not well posted or there is more than one version of his website. 

Corsairfoxfouruncle, thank you so much. 

That is very sad for Mike and his family and his dear wife. 

If at all possible, please let him know of my continuing prayers for him and his wife. It must be a very difficult time for them.

About 30 years ago I took care of my Dad as he became more ill, and died from cancer here in his own home and bed. Now, Mom is 94, and I care for her as she becomes more frail and weak.

I don't use Facebook. 

Sincere thanks for your kind help in understanding.

Randolph

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

My apologies I had no idea ? I don't have Facebook and almost never visit Hyperscale except through a posted link ? If the info is on his actual website Either its not well posted or there is more than one version of his website. 

He has deactivated his website for the duration but will re-activate it when he has new items ready for sale. One of the new items is a 1/48 B-10 bomber.

I’ll try to re-post updated info here as Mike posts it on Hyperscale. Thank you all for your understanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

He has deactivated his website for the duration but will re-activate it when he has new items ready for sale. One of the new items is a 1/48 B-10 bomber.

I’ll try to re-post updated info here as Mike posts it on Hyperscale. Thank you all for your understanding.

That would be very appreciated, I hope he can someday get back. Now that I know what he’s going through I can understand better. Silly thing is Im looking for one of the older cobra company molds (S-58T conversion) and hope he can still produce them. 

Just now, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That would be very appreciated, I hope he can someday get back. Now that I know what he’s going through I can understand better. Silly thing is Im looking for one of the older cobra company molds (S-58T conversion) and hope he can still produce them. 

He still plans to put the Cobra line back in production.

• Thanks 1

Mike responded promptly to an email I sent him recently and I was able to purchase a CV-22 detail kit from him. He doesn't send overseas but I managed to get it sent to a mate who is living in Texas and our boss brought it back to Australia for me last month. Most people like Mike run cottage industries and have lives outside of our community. I'm surprised we get the prompt response we do at times!

I knew Mike had some personal issues but had no idea of the details. I pray he and his wife will enjoy their remaining time together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bell209 said:

Mike responded promptly to an email I sent him recently and I was able to purchase a CV-22 detail kit from him. He doesn't send overseas but I managed to get it sent to a mate who is living in Texas and our boss brought it back to Australia for me last month. Most people like Mike run cottage industries and have lives outside of our community. I'm surprised we get the prompt response we do at times!

I knew Mike had some personal issues but had no idea of the details. I pray he and his wife will enjoy their remaining time together.

I live in Chicago so shipping would be relatively low for me. Could you or more correctly will you possibly share the Email through Direct message ? If not I understand and will wait. I wouldn't have the money until June/July anyways so wouldn't bother him until then. 

@Space Ranger

Thank you for the update, this explains many things. I have been waiting for the Ericsson firefighting conversion for some time.

I can wait, Mike needs to spend the time available with his wife. (been there, done that).

I know he was planning on using Aviation Megastore for European distribution in due course.

Please pass on my best wishes for them both.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 4:43 AM, Space Ranger said:

Again, my apologies.... I thought I was actually writing to you in my last post.... Thanks for telling us here how things are for Mike and his wife.

Randolph

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I don't use Facebook either and was unaware of Hyperscale.

A short while ago I was trying to find Lone Star on the net without success.

Michael's info about Facebook and Hyperscale will be of great help to anyone to find Lone Star, but could have stopped short at the ' if you could be bothered to read it ' comment.

I was trying to find out a bit more about a Bugatti 100 Racing Aeroplane kit that I believe they make, but understand the 0490483534 is going through a very anxious trying time at present.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...