1/72 F-14A Tomcat VF-142 "Ghostriders" Decals

Hi There

Could anyone please help I am after doing a 1/72 F-14A Tomcat belonging to VFA -142 "The Ghostriders" I know the decals where in the Italeri Tomcat but that kit is long delated and surpassed by better kits , but does anyone please know if there was any decal manufacturers does VA -142 decals

Many Thanks

Craig

I believe Craig is thinking about the hi-viz version... I had a couple of those Italeri Tomcats a long time ago, and am still waiting for someone to produce a set in 1/72... I think those are the best looking markings a Tomcat could have...

3 minutes ago, daneel said:

I believe Craig is thinking about the hi-viz version... I had a couple of those Italeri Tomcats a long time ago, and am still waiting for someone to produce a set in 1/72... I think those are the best looking markings a Tomcat could have...

I should explain... to me the hi-vis markings were those used on the first cruise, like those included in the original 1/48 Monogram issue (yellow/white/black)

The Italeri 1/72 kit featured the later markings used on the overall grey scheme. Repliscale offered these same markings in one of their sheets (I'll get you the catalogue number tomorrow). Hasegawa also featured these markings in their old aftermarket decal sheet.  Superscale offered a "proper" low-vis aircraft with all markings in grey. IIRC Fujimi also offered VF-142 grey markings in one of their F-14B issues 

Here are a few:

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=Grumman+F-14+Tomcat+vf-142*&fkTYPENAME[]="Decals"&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00072"

I have the Furball sheet, it's quite extensive. I also have the new Microscale sheet from 2015.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1