Revell 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda

Greetings!

After half a year of slow building, I'm finally calling this 'Cuda done. WIP of this build can be found in the appropriate section of this forum. Lots of trouble with this build, but I'm reasonably happy with the outcome! Difficult one to photograph, colours are all over the place.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any C&C is welcome, as always!

Edited by Liizio
  • Like 27

Great job on that. It's a nice kit with only a few complications, but you can't see any evidence of those minor issues on yours and the paint in particular is excellent.

• Like 1

(Shakes head in admiration...)

That's perfection if ever I saw it.  Beautiful finish, amazing detail, just stunning.  I particularly admire the chromework around the window and door frames, the wheelarch mouldings and so on.  I can't get my head round how you can achieve such perfection, even knowing what materials you use. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for the really positive feedback, everyone!

On 5/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

And I noticed the wood rim steering wheel. Very nice.

I like painting them on almost every model! Couple of different shades of brown, topped with Tamiya clear orange. Very easy to do, and gives a nice result.

17 hours ago, Neddy said:

I particularly admire the chromework around the window and door frames, the wheelarch mouldings and so on.  I can't get my head round how you can achieve such perfection, even knowing what materials you use. 

I'm really glad you like it, as I had a ton of trouble with bare metal foil with this build. I had to strip/repaint the body multiple times, so the already pretty softly molded strips suffered a lot of damage. Blade of the fancy new exacto-knife I got just for this job didn't really didn't want to follow their edges, and I had to re-do some of them many times, particularily the rear window. I switched back to my trusty box cutter and had better luck with it. I was kind of scared of even trying wheel arches or that strip around the rear panel, but for some reason they went pretty nicely on the first try.

Edited by Liizio
spelling
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...