Hobbyboss EMB-314 Tucano 1/48

• 2 weeks later...

Here is where I'm currently at with the build,  not had much time on this 

lately as we have been settling in our Ukrainian Guests in the last month or so.

Paints used are Tamiya and GSI over  Mr Surfacer 1200 

De icing boots on the leading edges to be masked up and sprayed next, I'm going for the well used finish 

for this one so some fading out and general grime. A few bits of overspray to deal with yet but overall I'm happy. 

P1110409

P1110410

P1110411

P1110412

P1110413

P1110414

Enjoy 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Great work and thread!

What colors (codes) did you use?

:)

GSI H306 - FS 36270 for the grey, I then used Tamiya XF-26 Deep green lightened with Tamiya flesh for the main green - Mixed by eye 

MRP Ultra matt back for the wing leading edges, MRP Exhaust soot for the staining, MRP Light Aircraft Grey for the UC bays and MRP Tyre rubber for the tyres.

Exhaust was done using MRP pale Burnt metal, MRP Titanium and some of the Alclad Hot Metals - Sepia, Engine manifold, and Hot Metal Violet. 

Interior was Mig Ammo Light ghost grey, it matched the QS decals the best, seats were sprayed Mr Sufacer 1200 Black ( Prop and spinner were also painted in this) 

IP combings were painted Tamiya NATO Black and dry brushed with Tamiya German grey. It then had a oil wash of black oil paint very diluted. 

GSI UV cut gloss varnish GX112  to seal it all in and then GSI Mr Colour GX114 super smooth Flat varnish to finish it all off

Decal solution used was the Daco Strong and  GSI Mr Mark Setter- old formula. 

• Thanks 1