American Airlines 🇺🇸 B757-223(WL) in 1/144

Here is my finished Boeing 757-223(WL) in 1/144 scale from the Zvezda kit in the new livery from American Airlines registration N185AN.

This kit goes together seamlessly with very little sanding and filling required. It’s great that is has both engine options as well as having either the newer blended winglets or the classic wing tips. I’ve never built the Minicraft or EE kits but I absolutely can’t recommend this kit enough! The decals are designed by Backdoor Decals and purchased through Nazca Decals. The coroguard section and detailing is from the Nazca Decals B757 detail sheet. 

The paint mix I went for was mixing Revell light grey 371, Revell white gloss 04 and a touch of Revell Silver 90. It was a case of keep mixing until I found a shade I was most happy with. It was then brush painted. Then I used Halfords Racking Grey for the wings and stabilisers. Metals are a mix of Revells aqua range. The decals are excellent quality and I highly recommend them!

As always, all comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for looking.

Regards,

Alistair 

American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757 American B757

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

That’s absolutely stunning! Those decals are very impressive and the colour looks superb. Beautiful model.

Zvezda kits seem to be really good but I don’t want to buy anything from Russia so I’m having to stick with ancient Airfix kits!

• Like 1

Wonderful Boeing 757.The paintjob looks spot on,cant tell that this is brush painted.Superb.

The weathering looks very realistic.AAs 757s look sometimes pretty sorry and in need of an urgent wash...😉

The Zvezda kit is a gem,it was one of those kits I really looked forward to and got quite a number for my stash.

The EE kit is more or less a copy of the Minicraft kit.

The Minicraft kit can be turned into something decent with some serious work,I recently finished 2 of them.But its no match to the Zvezda version.

• Like 1

I'm VERY impressed with your paint work. I don't do that well airbrushing metalics.

Edited by SAT69
misspell
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous as always Alistair. I am MOST impressed with your brush painting - I would never have guessed if you hadn’t mentioned it.

It’s also interesting to see the Nazca detail decals. I hadn’t realised how effective they are.

All the best and thanks for sharing

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

On 07/05/2022 at 12:45, Lord Riot said:

That’s absolutely stunning! Those decals are very impressive and the colour looks superb. Beautiful model.

Zvezda kits seem to be really good but I don’t want to buy anything from Russia so I’m having to stick with ancient Airfix kits!

Thank you 😃! I was impressed with how well the decals look on the model! Revell do some good airliner kits too.

Alistair

23 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Wonderful Boeing 757.The paintjob looks spot on,cant tell that this is brush painted.Superb.

The weathering looks very realistic.AAs 757s look sometimes pretty sorry and in need of an urgent wash...😉

The Zvezda kit is a gem,it was one of those kits I really looked forward to and got quite a number for my stash.

The EE kit is more or less a copy of the Minicraft kit.

The Minicraft kit can be turned into something decent with some serious work,I recently finished 2 of them.But its no match to the Zvezda version.

Thank you 😃! Yeah I’ve seen a few that are just crying out for a good wash! It really is… and I really hope they release the B757-300 kit soon 🤞🏻

Alistair

• Like 1

Like others have said, that is amazing brush work Alistair. Good to hear that it goes together well, I've got a couple in the stash and seeing this, they may have to move up in priority for the workbench!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2022 at 17:53, BluesModeller said:

Love it!  The stripes on the tail livery combined with the runway give a real sense of motion.

Brush painted too.. Wow!

Thank you 😃! I never noticed about the motion element but I see what you mean 👌🏻!

On 07/05/2022 at 23:13, Skodadriver said:

Gorgeous as always Alistair. I am MOST impressed with your brush painting - I would never have guessed if you hadn’t mentioned it.

It’s also interesting to see the Nazca detail decals. I hadn’t realised how effective they are.

All the best and thanks for sharing

Dave G 🇺🇦

Thank you Dave! Yeah I hadn’t used them before until this build but I now have a few sets from them to use in the future. 

Hope you’re well and keeping safe!

Take care,

Alistair

On 13/05/2022 at 18:35, Viking said:

Like others have said, that is amazing brush work Alistair. Good to hear that it goes together well, I've got a couple in the stash and seeing this, they may have to move up in priority for the workbench!

Cheers

John

Thank you John! Yeah it really is a cool model and I’m looking forward to the -300 kit to arrive very soon hopefully! I look forward to seeing your completed builds in the future!

Regards,

Alistair

On 14/05/2022 at 19:53, Malair said:

Fantastic! It seems the Zvezda 757 is indeed a winner. Thanks for sharing your very nice build!

Thank you! 😃