Trident 3 decals

Hi guys… I desperately hope someone can help and advise me with this one.. I’ve just finished and painted the F-RSIN. Trident three, my first go at one of their kits. The kit is quite nice as far as short run kits go and it really does capture the outline of the real thing… however, the decals leave a lot to be desired being way too thin and delicate and broke into pieces that got smaller and smaller as I tried to apply them… I didn’t know they were so thin and with hindsight I should have applied a bit of liquid decal film before using them….so my question is this, does anyone know where I might find a replacement port side blue trim with windows for a trident three bluejack scheme? Any help would be most appreciated,

mick

If by "port side blue trim" you mean the cheatline with windows I don't think there is anything available "off the shelf". Ray Charles at 26 Decals used to do a sheet for the "speedjack" livery but only for the Trident 1 and 2 and in any event it seems to be out of print. Authentic Airliner Decals do windows for the Trident 3 but that's not much use until you sort the actual stripe.

My suggestion would be to contact Laurent Herjean (Monsieur F-RSIN) and see if he can let you have a replacement sheet. Laurent is a really nice guy and very helpful. The worst that can happen is that he says no.

HTH

Dave G  🇺🇦

• Like 1

Aye up skodadriver… thanks for the reply mate….I have seen the set for the tridents one and two and one can still get them. Not sure I want to spend 30  quid just for one decal though and I’m not sure they would be appropriate for a trident three in any case…would you happen to have contact details for said Monsieur F-RSIN ?

mick

If anybody is charging £30 for the 26 Trident decals that is beyond ridiculous considering Ray sold them for £9 plus postage.

A correction to my earlier post, I have just discovered that Ray did produce a "Speedjack" Trident 3 sheet. His catalogue number was STS44319. It's academic since it's also currently out of print.

Probably the best way to contact Laurent is through the e-mail facility on the F-RSIN website.

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Plastic_parts said:

Hi guys… I desperately hope someone can help and advise me with this one.. I’ve just finished and painted the F-RSIN. Trident three, my first go at one of their kits. The kit is quite nice as far as short run kits go and it really does capture the outline of the real thing… however, the decals leave a lot to be desired being way too thin and delicate and broke into pieces that got smaller and smaller as I tried to apply them… I didn’t know they were so thin and with hindsight I should have applied a bit of liquid decal film before using them….so my question is this, does anyone know where I might find a replacement port side blue trim with windows for a trident three bluejack scheme? Any help would be most appreciated,

mick

The same thing happened to me when I built this kit many years ago. I did get in contact with Laurent and a replacement set of decals was sent to me very promptly.

2 hours ago, Plastic_parts said:

Skodadriver… thanks for the advice.. I’ve tried to email F-RSIN from their site but I keep getting an internal server error… are they still trading?

mick

As far as I know F-RSIN are still very much in business.

I think Laurent is a member of Airliner Cafe and I’m fairly sure he’s also on the Airliner-Civil Aircraft Modeller Facebook group (under the name Laurent Herjean-Brichard) but I’m afraid I can’t think of any other way to contact him.

Dave G 🇺🇦