Boeing 737-800 super model 1/72

hello everyone

I am an civil aircraft engineer.  but a new modeller.

The models I ever seen without any details. so I want to develop a kind of model with details as much as possible. Especially some parts are movable!

These parts are movable: landing gears(3), flaps(leading edge, trailing edge,Krueger), aileron, rudder, horizontal stabilizer, elevator, cabine doors, thrust reverser.

I am good at 3D modeling and aircraft structure. so there is no problem just time.

It tooks me almost 1 year to make 3D model. I use pictures and real aircraft as reference.

spacer.png

spacer.png

After 3D modeling, I spend 6 months to make it come true.  I use 3D printer to make all parts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As a new guy,  this model is not perfect. I will keep going.

• Like 47
  • Thanks 5

That's very good design and building. Most impressive. Perhaps the painting shows your inexperience as a modeller, but that will need practice.

The actual model with the working parts that look in scale, is unique in my experience. I wonder whether such a model would be marketable? I know that it would be very expensive but I believe there would be many modellers willing to pay the price for a kit like this. 

54 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's very good design and building. Most impressive. Perhaps the painting shows your inexperience as a modeller, but that will need practice.

The actual model with the working parts that look in scale, is unique in my experience. I wonder whether such a model would be marketable? I know that it would be very expensive but I believe there would be many modellers willing to pay the price for a kit like this. 

I am going to sell this kit in China. Almost 100$-120$. Expensive?😁

• Like 3

Brilliant modelling - great skills.

I love the opened flaps, slats and spoilers. It raises the realism - it turns a sausage with wings into a high definition model of an everyday working aircraft.

The wheel well detailing and the well-worn looking paintwork is excellent

I admire your model very much. It i the kind of modelling I aspire to.

Cheers, Moggy (very much into 1/72 transport aircraft)

Giant man grabs airline in mid flight?  

Brilliant model!

I would certainly pay more for a model with that amount of detail but many of the current big name kit makers would seriously need to pull their socks up to do it well.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:39 PM, zookeeper said:

I am going to sell this kit in China. Almost 100$-120$. Expensive?😁

I hope you will try to sell to more than China, people from all over the globe would be your marketplace.