Port Pleasant, 8 June 1982 - Westland Wessex HU.5. ++++ RFI POSTED ++++

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

The ship model is interesting too and what a connection,  I have wanted to build a model of HMS Achates, my Grandad's ship, which was dunk in the Battle of the Barents Sea on the Russian convoys, unfortunately my Grandad didn't make it along with many other brave soles. I have never seen a model of it produced yet although haven't looked for a while.

Are you foil a WIP for the Ship?

Chris

37 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Beautifully done. The finish is just stunning.

I may be watching the ship build if that's ok as I have a couple to do.

I am patiently waiting for a kit of an S Class Submarine to build either The Syrtis or The Sidon as my Dad served in both during the war.

Starling Models were going to produce a resin one but then the world went daft so it may not happen.

Thanks Gents, much appreciated.

I am going to do a WIP, it's up and posted here...

Cheers.

• Like 2

Mark, I just spammed this thread with likes because I read 3/4 of the way through it a couple nights ago and then just this morning as I was finishing it I realized I was so absorbed in the thread that I hadn't thought to "like" any of it. :D 

This is really an amazing build!  That interior is just beautiful.  The exterior is incredibly realistic and all the little exterior details are just a feast for the eyes.  

Your comment about making a representation rather than a replication really hits the nail on the head for me.  I tend to be OCD on my builds (well, my recent German saber and HobbyBoss P-51 notwithstanding.... ) and as much fun as it can be to figure out a way to make a perfect replica, I've had the joy sapped out of a build because of my frustration at not being able to perfectly replicate some aspect of it turns it into a quagmire.  Someone where I work says "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good", although in this case It's don't let the perfect be the enemy of the excellent! :D 

Funny how the mind works -- while reading this I suddenly remembered I had a "Dyna Flites" die cast toy of this helicopter (now I think about it, it may have been the UH-19).  I haven't thought of it in years.  It was white, had floats and was marked "US Coast Guard".  Thanks for the unexpected trip down memory lane! 🤣

Very nice work!

• Thanks 1