Jump to content

Panther G interior


Gumboot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Evening all,

I am currently building the RFM panther G with full interior and have opted for the Normandy 1944 scheme.

 

The interior is painted in red primer with an off white fighting compartment although I am not sure whether the primer was painted over the whole interior with white over top or not.

 

I did a search online and in the forum and not found the answer yet. Is anyone know the answer? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Lighter colour went over the primer.

Primer is there to improve paint adhesion/protection.

Thanks mate. I thought as much but didn't want to go chipping in the wrong colour 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are building it, the primer is Minium. I used C29 hull red.

For assembly, be careful and check everything careful. I built it already too!

Hapöy modelling 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dov said:

If you are building it, the primer is Minium. I used C29 hull red.

For assembly, be careful and check everything careful. I built it already too!

Hapöy modelling 

Thanks Dov,

 

I've got Ammo Rotobraun there which looks a good match.

 

Building has been great so far with hardly any issue. A few fidly bits and I'm.findingnit hard not to just glue it all together without painting. Thoroughly enjoying it so far :)

 

Did you come across any issues during your build?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, the engine to position it finally and thr ventilators and piping. To get the rear wall correct in position! I built it twice. Also a rescue version. At the Tiger kits the rear wall os the same issue.

Happy modelling 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dov said:

Yes, the engine to position it finally and thr ventilators and piping. To get the rear wall correct in position! I built it twice. Also a rescue version. At the Tiger kits the rear wall os the same issue.

Happy modelling 

When you say rear wall do you mean the firewall or the back plate with the exhausts? 

 

I had a slight issue with the firewall but put that down to tightness from the sides. Nothing a little super glue and force couldn't fix 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Longbow said:

As stated above, the red primer is extremely tough. 
 

xqXPugh.jpg

 

 

Thanks longbow, so in terms of chipping the primer on the interior, would you see more or less in the fighting compartment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gumboot said:

Thanks longbow, so in terms of chipping the primer on the interior, would you see more or less in the fighting compartment?

 

The primer was extremely hard. There is a photo out there, somewhere, of a test that David Byden did, on a piece of Panther side skirt.

He could scratch off the top coats, dark yellow, brown, and green, but could not scratch through the red primer. 

I would think that chips and scratches inside would be barely visible. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

 

The primer was extremely hard. There is a photo out there, somewhere, of a test that David Byden did, on a piece of Panther side skirt.

He could scratch off the top coats, dark yellow, brown, and green, but could not scratch through the red primer. 

I would think that chips and scratches inside would be barely visible. 

Top stuff, thanks longbow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Instead of opening a new thread, I thought I would just continue this one.

 

As my scheme is December 1944, I believe the interior scheme should be lower hull primer red, upper surfaces ivory/cremeweiss, and engine/transmission/other parts mid grey. 

 

I have seen some conflicting information on what would be appropriate for this time (I know in late 1944/early 1945 interiors were full primer but this was scrapped in Feb 1945) as some seem to paint the hull red with grey horizontal surfaces and cremeweiss vertical surfaces, while other go for all grey below and all cremeweiss above etc.

 

Just wanted to know which one would be more appropriate for the late 1944 timeframe. I am leaning towards the red lowers, cremeweiss uppers and some details picked in grey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...