Nomad Mk.I, Special Hobby 1/72

Time for a May WIP - a Special Hobby Nomad. The kit itself has been released several times in different versions: Northrop A-17, Douglas DB-8, ASJA B-5, you name it...

This is the RCAF and SAAF boxing:

spacer.png

Not many parts I would say:

spacer.png

spacer.png

But they are crisply moulded, the decals are perfect, the canopy is really clear and there are two resin parts: the propeller hub and the long exhaust pipe.

I’m going to build the SAAF version, most probably the Dark Earth/Dark Green/Sky one.

• Like 6

I agree with Stephen, the kit is really nice indeed. I have finished the interior - all parts are from the box and I added Eduard PE belts and some instrument decals. Probably not 100 % correct but hey - who cares?

spacer.png

• Like 8

No issues so far. All the interior parts have been placed to their locations and the fuselage halves glued together. The fit of the tailplanes was excellent as well and I drilled holes in the landing flaps - and then attached the central part of the wing to the subassembly. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

Maybe I’m strange but this is the stage I like best.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Pitot tube and gun covers were made of brass tubing, everything sprayed with black surfacer and then Gunze base white was used for the surface variations. And yes, Peewit = salvation of us, lazy guys.

• Like 6