I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

19 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Glad to have you aboard, Will you be bringing some very welcome armour to the GB?

🇺🇦

I think that will be my first choice of subject for sure!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Paul.

I'm up for this one. Not sure of my choice yet, but most probably with Hasegawa's 1/48 MC202 Folgore.

Else, would an Israeli AF plane with the blue-grey/brown camo be approved (Airfix 1/48 P-51D, if I can source the appropriate decals from inside EU to avoid these costing three times more due to import fees)?

Would you please count me in?

Thanks.

A nice day to you.

Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Hello Paul.

I'm up for this one. Not sure of my choice yet, but most probably with Hasegawa's 1/48 MC202 Folgore.

Else, would an Israeli AF plane with the blue-grey/brown camo be approved (Airfix 1/48 P-51D, if I can source the appropriate decals from inside EU to avoid these costing three times more due to import fees)?

Would you please count me in?

Thanks.

A nice day to you.

Pat

Great to have you want to take part in the GB Pat, I am sure Paul will add you to the list very soon but as your prospective co-host I though I would welcome you.

Both of your choices are excellent and fit the bill perfectly, a Macchi 202 would be great as they wore some very nice desert based schemes and an Israeli P-51 in the blue/brown scheme would look great and the scheme was designed for use in a desert environment.

🇺🇦

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Great to have you want to take part in the GB Pat, I am sure Paul will add you to the list very soon but as your prospective co-host I though I would welcome you.

Both of your choices are excellent and fit the bill perfectly, a Macchi 202 would be great as they wore some very nice desert based schemes and an Israeli P-51 in the blue/brown scheme would look great and the scheme was designed for use in a desert environment.

🇺🇦

Hi Craig. I had forgotten you were co-hosting.

I still have taken no decision, really. I am rounding up which kits I already have in the stash and googling around for schemes and decals. For exemple I've also got an Airfix P-40 B/C that would do for a 112 Sqn Tomahawk (but no appropriate decals). The Folgore came on top of the list as one of the in-box options is a machine operating in Libya during 1942 (with their most usual desert camo of green blotches over sand).

Such a theme gives so many interesting options ..... It could also be that I'll find something I fancy some more and will buy a new kit.

With my poor memory I first have not to forget to vote in due time :waiting:

Thanks for your welcome and answer.

Stay well.

Pat.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 10:56 PM, Sam said:

I have an Italeri 1/48 British Tornado from Desert Storm which I really want to build…

12 hours ago, Ettore said:

Yes !! I'm sure in

Ettore :bye: 🇮🇹

great fellas good to haVe you onboard.

the bunfight vote is fast approaching, well... november.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the kit, just arrived last night from PlazaJapan, 9 days by Japan post, didn't pre-order. Bought another FineMolds F-4 as well because the postage difference was tiny.😀 I do like these Iranian colours, the tan should be more of a yellow than the boxart suggests?

Just need to get through the bunfight now and be scheduled at a different time from other GBs I want to enter.

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Got the kit

Good man Chris, and excellent use of the postage rates to add another F-4 to your order, would have been rude not to.😉

You are right about the sand colour used in the scheme, it should indeed be more yellow than the box art shows.

Fingers crossed we get through the bunfight, I have a feeling its going to be a particularly bloody affair this year and that we are going to need every vote we can get.

🇺🇦

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Anyone know which countries flew F.6 Hunters in desert schemes ? I had hoped Jordan as I had decals but seems like they didn't. I have a Revell 1/72 Hunter F.6 I’d love to build but if no Desert schemes I have plenty of other options. 

Oman?

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I have a feeling its going to be a particularly bloody affair this year

Same here; there are a lot of good ideas competing for those few slots.  The tactical voting is going to be savage.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Anyone know which countries flew F.6 Hunters in desert schemes ? I had hoped Jordan as I had decals but seems like they didn't. I have a Revell 1/72 Hunter F.6 I’d love to build but if no Desert schemes I have plenty of other options. 

As Chris pointed out Oman used them in a desert scheme and so did Saudi Arabia and the UAE/ Abu Dhabi, I will have a look Dennis but I think all the other operators used the grey/green other than Rhodesia's green/brown.

You can add Qatar, Kuwait and Somalia as well as potentially Chile.

🇺🇦

Edited by modelling minion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

As Chris pointed out Oman used them in a desert scheme and so did Saudi Arabia and the UAE/ Abu Dhabi, I will have a look Dennis but I think all the other operators used the grey/green other than Rhodesia's green/brown.

You can add Qatar, Kuwait and Somalia as well as potentially Chile.

🇺🇦

Hmmm I might have Chilean markings ? Need to go take a look. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 8:27 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm I might have Chilean markings ? Need to go take a look. 

According to this website: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/451750-official-camouflage-if-they-take-out-the-f6-hunter/

the Chilean Air Force used desert camouflaged Hunter Mk 71s (not sure if that is an F6 variant) which appears to be one of the “stones” and dark earth with azure (?) blue undersides - very colourful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just been looking for something else in the decal store and realised that there are 4 desert Hunters on this set: Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar and Abu Dhabi. Sadly the Chilean decals are for a grey-green jet, not the desert one.

52399306071_23de26a8a9_b.jpg

I’ve used the Kenyan, Omani and Rhodesian decals, so PM me if you’d like any of the desert ones; I’m unlikely to use those.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

According to this website: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/451750-official-camouflage-if-they-take-out-the-f6-hunter/

the Chilean Air Force used desert camouflaged Hunter Mk 71s (not sure if that is an F6 variant) which appears to be one of the “stones” and dark earth with azure (?) blue undersides - very colourful. 

Thanks Ive seen that as well but haven't found any photo’s to confirm.

2 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Just been looking for something else in the decal store and realised that there are 4 desert Hunters on this set: Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar and Abu Dhabi. Sadly the Chilean decals are for a grey-green jet, not the desert one.

52399306071_23de26a8a9_b.jpg

I’ve used the Kenyan, Omani and Rhodesian decals, so PM me if you’d like any of the desert ones; I’m unlikely to use those.

P/M inbound Roland.

Im not  exactly sure on the specs. Ive read the FGA.9’s were upgraded/re-built Mk.6’s ? I'm not sure thats accurate as Im not really familiar with the Hunter (shameful I know). Any help from anyone on that would also be gratefully received. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im not  exactly sure on the specs. Ive read the FGA.9’s were upgraded/re-built Mk.6’s ? I'm not sure thats accurate as Im not really familiar with the Hunter (shameful I know). Any help from anyone on that would also be gratefully received. 

Any F.6 upgraded to FGA.9 standard were known as F.6A due to minor differences. One clue was the position of a small aerial that can be found either on the nose ahead of the windscreen or mounted on a small platform to on side of the spine to identify which type any individual airframe is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to this book:

52402756979_2d201cf022_b.jpg

The Saudi Hunters comprised a couple of T7s and 4 F6s.  Looking at the pictures, they appear to be standard RAF F6s.

We also missed Somali Air Force as a desert camouflaged Hunter operator.  All of Arab and the Somali jets appear to be light stone, dark earth and azure blue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

According to this book:

52402756979_2d201cf022_b.jpg

The Saudi Hunters comprised a couple of T7s and 4 F6s.  Looking at the pictures, they appear to be standard RAF F6s.

We also missed Somali Air Force as a desert camouflaged Hunter operator.  All of Arab and the Somali jets appear to be light stone, dark earth and azure blue.

Thanks that helps, I have this 1/72 Revell kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04350-hawker-hunter-fmk6--103670#

I will find and do an F.9 as an RAF machine. But I like the way the hunter looks in desert schemes and will build it here in this build. 

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks that helps, I have this 1/72 Revell kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04350-hawker-hunter-fmk6--103670#

I will find and do an F.9 as an RAF machine. But I like the way the hunter looks in desert schemes and will build it here in this build. 

For the FGA 9 there is always this kit: 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-03908-hawker-hunter-fga9--1115615

• Like 1