I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

Don't think this has been done before, but could be wrong.

A GB dedicated to 'desert schemes' for sandy / arid environments.

so we're looking at all manner of possibilities; schemes for specific arenas like ww2 north africa schemes, iraq war schemes, and then camo for native forces of arid desert climates.

tanks, jeeps, trucks, aircraft, figures, civilian equipment too. . anything goes even sci-fi if its in a guise designed for desert operations.

to be clear: this is equipment / sporting looks designed for desert / sandy / arrid ops, not just stuff that happened to be in a desert environment.

1 @modelling minion host

2 @Dansk host

3 @theplasticsurgeon

4 @Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 @vppelt68

6 @Wez

7 @arfa1983

8 @Marklo

9 @Jabba

10 @desert falcon

11 @franky boy

12 @Chrisj2003

12.5 @Adam Poultney

14 @Jb65rams

15 >>>>>>> @Col. <<<<<<<  (xtra special highlighting as requested)

16 @stevehnz

17 @Torbjorn

18 @trickyrich

19 @JOCKNEY

20 @sardaukar

21 @Hockeyboy76

22 @JosephLalor

23 @Beazer

24 @jackroadkill

25 @CliffB

26 @Rafwaffe

27 @DaveJL

28 @Roland Pulfrew

29 @Luke1199

30 @Chrisj2003

31 @Mottlemaster

32 @Geo1966

33 @Bullbasket

34 @John Masters

35 @Mukund SB

36 @Ozzy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have a Panzer II and a Valentine in the stash that could both be done in North African schemes. And it would give me an excuse to break out the PC12 for a change, assuming Mesopotamian RFC schemes are allowed.

• Like 2

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...8 deserters to start and we're off)

Paul, count me in. If you’re allowing Israeli or Greek schemes I could do a jet in brown camo or a faded Greek F-16 in Agean camo? FineMolds are rereleasing their F-4D in Iranian scheme would that be appropriate?

Chris

• Like 2

Well XM607 was once painted with sand coloured camouflage underneath.... But I've already built a model that Vulcan in its more famous Black Buck scheme, maybe I'll do something from the Luftwaffe in WW2. Definitely interested

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jabba said:

I might be able to find something, so count me in.

Thinking something from the Gulf War?

6 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Sounds hot, I’m in 🏜️ 

Good man.

6 hours ago, franky boy said:

Count me in please Paul. 

North Africa during ww2 here we come. 

James 

Nice choice James, Allied or Axis?

6 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Paul, count me in. If you’re allowing Israeli or Greek schemes I could do a jet in brown camo or a faded Greek F-16 in Agean camo? FineMolds are rereleasing their F-4D in Iranian scheme would that be appropriate?

Chris

The idea is for anything in desert type camo Chris, so Greek F-5's in the Asia minor scheme would be fine as would anything in Israeli camo and the Iranian F-4 (a great choice by the way) but I think the Aegean camo would be out.

6 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Well XM607 was once painted with sand coloured camouflage underneath.... But I've already built a model that Vulcan in its more famous Black Buck scheme, maybe I'll do something from the Luftwaffe in WW2. Definitely interested

I think Luftwaffe WWII desert schemes will be popular so you should be in good company Adam.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thinking something from the Gulf War?

Good man.

Nice choice James, Allied or Axis?

The idea is for anything in desert type camo Chris, so Greek F-5's in the Asia minor scheme would be fine as would anything in Israeli camo and the Iranian F-4 (a great choice by the way) but I think the Aegean camo would be out.

I think Luftwaffe WWII desert schemes will be popular so you should be in good company Adam.

🇺🇦

Thanks Craig 

Maybe Marseille’s 109F-4. 

James

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Drat, you know me too well.

Well you do run the SIG after all!

And very well if I may say so.

35 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Thanks Craig 

Maybe Marseille’s 109F-4. 

James

Well I would have been very surprised if someone hadn't built it James, its a great scheme and quite straightforward giving plenty of scope for weathering.

12 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

I’m in. As we stand thinking Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV in North Africa Free French Airforce Colours. One of my favourite schemes.

Good man, and another fine choice.

I built the old Airfix Mk.IV many times and was always drawn to the artwork on the box of the Free French aircraft, one of Roy Cross' best in my opinion.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:
9 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Craig, great, any excuse for another FineMolds rhino. But I do have a Sufa in the stash and I like F-5s. Decisions, decisions. Let’s get this over the line first.

Chris

• Like 2

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

I know that there always has to be one person but does it always have to be you Col?😉

Yes :lol: don't mind me Craig, just checking on the definition of 'desert' :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2