I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

....but then a 1/32 italeri tonka gr.4 (which i'll adapt to gr.1) accidentally fell into my basket, together with kitsworld decals, and a pitot tube so I may be joining you with that

Well that would be awesome!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackG said:

What if the piece of equipment was painted in desert colured paint, but ended up not actually serving in a desert/tropical setting? 

Well as its the colours of the subject that is important I would think that your idea would  be perfectly fine. Are there any pictures of these as I like the sound of a desert coloured Pz IVG.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

but then I fell in love with the idea of either the upcoming new tacom or meng apache in desert scheme...

That would be great Paul, the IDF AH-64's in their unique desert camo really do look very good.

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

....but then a 1/32 italeri tonka gr.4 (which i'll adapt to gr.1) accidentally fell into my basket, together with kitsworld decals, and a pitot tube so I may be joining you with that🤷‍♂️

But then the Tonka would also be a great choice, especially with some nice nose art.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That would be great Paul, the IDF AH-64's in their unique desert camo really do look very good.

But then the Tonka would also be a great choice, especially with some nice nose art.

🇺🇦

I was considering 'Foxy KIller' Craig. There's a lot of online photographic reference and I got inspired by the wonderful jenesis.

Have you seen her channel? She's such an underrated Youtuber, she should be much more seen; really knows her stuff. I'm a big fan.

@Sam this series is great reference for your build too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Paul

thank you for the interesting link to jenesis‘ channel. First impression, She really does seem to know well what she‘s doing. I will surely be watching her episodes on the Tonka. 

12 hours ago, Dansk said:

I was considering 'Foxy KIller' Craig. There's a lot of online photographic reference and I got inspired by the wonderful jenesis.

Have you seen her channel? She's such an underrated Youtuber, she should be much more seen; really knows her stuff. I'm a big fan.

@Sam this series is great reference for your build too.

Paul, I like that banner for this GB - is it ok to use it on my sig?

Chris

20 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well as its the colours of the subject that is important I would think that your idea would  be perfectly fine. Are there any pictures of these as I like the sound of a desert coloured Pz IVG.

🇺🇦

This is the best photo during the lead up to the planned invasion of Malta, the crew are also undoubtedly sporting tropical clothing:

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=32669

Personnel+from+Panzer-Abteilung+z.b.V.66

A few of the smaller tanks, but I've not come across any where the crew is wearing tropical gear:

2feff6a9-c056-4a4c-88bd-6da616c1d39c.jpg

panzer_i_f_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to this GB, and looking at the stash I think I've already got a perfect subject crying out to be built. Got it for £25 when Gforce models closed a few months back.

20220729_154019

20220729_160611

....Is it August yet? 😉

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Luke1199 said:

Looking forward to this GB, and looking at the stash I think I've already got a perfect subject crying out to be built. Got it for £25 when Gforce models closed a few months back.

20220729_154019

20220729_160611

....Is it August yet? 😉

Perfect Luke.👍

One of my favourite schemes on one of my favourite aircraft, whats not to like.

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Have just received a Tamiya Challenger 2tank so may just have a 2nd build to do with my Saudi Hunter. Unless I find a better camouflage option ? 

Another cracking choice Dennis, a big chunk of desert coloured heavy metal.

🇺🇦

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

Arma hobby heard my prayers.

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thats great news, always good when model companies release what we are hoping for and I believe this will be a a very popular kit.

Indeed.  The Arma Hobby Hurricane IIc is a little gem!  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mukund SB said:

Hi @modelling minion @Dansk I would like to join with Desert GB..... Please add my name to the list. Mine will probably be an Armor entry..... Thanks in Advance.

Welcome to the GB @Mukund SB, armour builds are very welcome and Paul @Dansk will add your name to the list very shortly.

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally lost track of this years GB nominations and voting, I'm hoping to build a Thunder Models 1/35 Scammell Pioneer with 30 ton goose neck trailer for the transport GB. To then add a Grant MkII for this one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I totally lost track of this years GB nominations and voting, I'm hoping to build a Thunder Models 1/35 Scammell Pioneer with 30 ton goose neck trailer for the transport GB. To then add a Grant MkII for this one.

Perfect. This could turn out to be quite armour heavy as a gb. Great 👍 

• Like 2