I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Would this one be acceptable  ?

Mach-2-1-72-Armstrong-Whitworth-Argosy-RAF-GP064-81841-p

Is it too early to ask @Enzo Matrixfor a time extension already ?

Cheers Pat

That looks like a super option Pat. Theres even desert on the box. Thanks for reconsidering mate. (When craig gets out of bed he can confirm). I kept him up all night snorring.)

1 hour ago, Beazer said:

Count me in for some Dessert!

Super. You’re in

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...23 priscilla of the deserts enlisted)
9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Is it too early to ask @Enzo Matrixfor a time extension already ?

It's never too early!  Well need an extension because the dessert is very big. Staying with my thoughts of something from the Paris Dakar rally, if I do Mark Thatcher's car then I'll be needing an extension while I look for him 🫢😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

If we get extra marks for pictures with desert does this count?  Wondering what the next reference will be on the topic.  😟

Chris

spacer.png

You definitely get extra points for that Chris, a Phantom in one of my favourite schemes and lots of desert, which is about to get some serious holes in it.

🇺🇦

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, go on then.  I'd probably go for an Operation Granby Tonka or maybe a Blenheim.  Possibly a DAF Hurricane or that P-40E I've been planning.  Or maybe etc etc etc!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

Aye, go on then.  I'd probably go for an Operation Granby Tonka or maybe a Blenheim.  Possibly a DAF Hurricane or that P-40E I've been planning.  Or maybe etc etc etc!

Good man.

Some nice choices there, couldn't have a desert themed GB without at least one suitably camouflaged P-40.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

couldn't have a desert themed GB without at least one suitably camouflaged P-40.

I've been meaning to build Dennis Copping's aircraft for a while now, so this could be a good opportunity.

• Like 2

And why wouldn't you drive a Porsche through the desert?

I've settled upon this

https://www.grandprixmodels.com/RENI043E-Porsche-911SC-RS-1st-Dakar-1984-by-Renaissance.aspx

Seems it was rather successful!

with a 6 week lead time for delivery, do I click on buy now and so condemn this proposal to the same fate as all the others I've brought kits for only to enhance the stash, or do I hope it gets through but with a start date later in the year?!

PS I'm assuming that Kenya isn't desert enough but there are some brilliant candidates from the Safari Rally(s)

https://www.grandprixmodels.com/Search.aspx?selected=PT002,EV011,&keywords=safari rally&order=orderByName&stock=showALL

8 hours ago, CliffB said:

Me too please.  I'm sure I can something suitably sandified.

Cheers

Good man Cliff, great to have you on board mate.👍

6 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

PS I'm assuming that Kenya isn't desert enough

Its not the fact that something was used in a desert its the being painted in desert colours that counts for the GB.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...25 lawrence of arabias enlisted)
On 5/7/2022 at 5:06 AM, Dansk said:

Don't think this has been done before, but could be wrong.

A GB dedicated to 'desert schemes' for sandy / arid environments.

so we're looking at all manner of possibilities; schemes for specific arenas like ww2 north africa schemes, iraq war schemes, and then camo for native forces of arid desert climates.

tanks, jeeps, trucks, aircraft, figures, civilian equipment too. . anything goes even sci-fi if its in a guise designed for desert operations.

to be clear: this is equipment / sporting looks designed for desert / sandy / arrid ops, not just stuff that happened to be in a desert environment.

1 @modelling minion host

2 @Dansk host

3 @theplasticsurgeon

4 @Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 @vppelt68

6 @Wez

7 @arfa1983

8 @Marklo

9 @Jabba

10 @desert falcon

11 @franky boy

12 @Chrisj2003

12.5 @Adam Poultney

14 @Jb65rams

15 >>>>>>> @Col. <<<<<<<  (xtra special highlighting as requested)

16 @stevehnz

17 @Mjwomack

18 @trickyrich

19 @JOCKNEY

20 @sardaukar

21 @Hockeyboy76

22 @JosephLalor

23 @Beazer

24 @jackroadkill

25 @CliffB

Up for this. A chance to right some wrongs (from GBs of yesteryear) and build desert Maryland or Hurricane.

• Like 2

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...26 desert eagles enlisted)
On 5/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, modelling minion said:

Good man Cliff, great to have you on board mate.👍

Its not the fact that something was used in a desert its the being painted in desert colours that counts for the GB.

🇺🇦

I guess that rules out the rally petrolheads because generally, the cars will be in team/ sponsors colours.

56 minutes ago, arfa1983 said:

What about if it was covered in deserty dust? 

I'd hope so! I find the idea of a pristine desert rally car incongruous ( that's the politeist word I've got)

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

craig @modelling minion and i discussed the rules a while back together as a number of questionable options started appearing:

even though its odd (as rally cars can be specifically built to race in deserts and for that climate) they don't really sport 'desert paint schemes' as such. 

so it's a tough call but after deliberation it unfortunately seems not eligible. which is a shame. unless you guys can persuade us otherwise. :shrug:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dansk said:

craig @modelling minion and i discussed the rules a while back together as a number of questionable options started appearing:

even though its odd (as rally cars can be specifically built to race in deserts and for that climate) they don't really sport 'desert paint schemes' as such. 

so it's a tough call but after deliberation it unfortunately seems not eligible. which is a shame. unless you guys can persuade us otherwise. :shrug:

My bank account gives a sigh of relief

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

My bank account gives a sigh of relief

i'm sorry.

well i hope you can join us with something else? desert landrover or something?

17 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Mark me down for this one. Probably with a Spitfire.

great. you're in dave.

• Like 1