I feel deserted GB chat

Dansk

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Yes :lol: don't mind me Craig, just checking on the definition of 'desert' :D 

Okay then, to make things clear for the "special" people on the forum for the purposes of this GB we are talking about the standard sandy and usually hot kind of desert as opposed to the likes of an arctic "desert".

Now we have that sorted can we add you to the list mate?

🇺🇦

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Okay then, to make things clear for the "special" people on the forum for the purposes of this GB we are talking about the standard sandy and usually hot kind of desert as opposed to the likes of an arctic "desert".

🇺🇦

If you do that it would mean I have to buy a suitable kit. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mjwomack said:

Can vehicles from the Paris Dakar rally enter? Paris isn't really dessert though

absolutely! We'll take that mild enquiry as a 'definitely add me to the list'

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...17 sandy toksvigs already)
19 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I shall get Paul to make sure your name is specially highlighted on the list then.

your wish is my command.

and @trickyrich  I spoke to craig earlier and he said if you sign up for the GB he'd buy you some aftermarket for your build.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

absolutely! We'll take that mild enquiry as a 'definitely add me to the list'

Am I meant to cry that I've been misrepresented? I won't be doing that and happy to be on the list. Got a couple of contenders in mind already but will resist (for now) because I've brought plenty in the past that never even got as far as the bunfight

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Am I meant to cry that I've been misrepresented? I won't be doing that and happy to be on the list. Got a couple of contenders in mind already but will resist (for now) because I've brought plenty in the past that never even got as far as the bunfight

Great. Glad we coerced you successfully :) welcome aboard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Oooh, pick me,  pick me. 🙋‍♂️

Steve.

Consider yourself as picked as seven year olds nose Steve.😁

57 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

happy to be on the list

Good man, welcome aboard.👍

50 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Top work Paul, some A grade coercing there.👍

🇺🇦 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

your wish is my command.

and @trickyrich  I spoke to craig earlier and he said if you sign up for the GB he'd buy you some aftermarket for your build.

ok, then sign my up........ but there better be so good AM bits from both of you or here'll be trouble!!!! :fight:

I have an 1/35th IDF  Tiran 4 Sharir that would be perfect for this build!

• Like 2

Well of course living in the Scottish Highlands we are used to the blazing sun.....  :wink:

This is the ideal opportunity to revisit by Iraqi Breda that slipped through the cracks in a previous GB

IMG_4625

I hope this one is OK  ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

ok, then sign my up........ but there better be so good AM bits from both of you or here'll be trouble!!!! :fight:

I have an 1/35th IDF  Tiran 4 Sharir that would be perfect for this build!

great👍. welcome along. that looks like a great addition (I had to google it 🙃) consider AM sorted 

3 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Well of course living in the Scottish Highlands we are used to the blazing sun.....  :wink:

This is the ideal opportunity to revisit by Iraqi Breda that slipped through the cracks in a previous GB

IMG_4625

I hope this one is OK  ?

Cheers Pat

wonderful pat. what a special option. 👍 Great. 

• Like 1

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...19 dusty springfields already)
  • Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...20 dusty springfields already)
11 hours ago, Dansk said:

But not so coerced as to click on buy now for this yet

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-80190-405-turbo-paris-dakar--169572

Really fancy this though

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-4643-cagiva-elefant-850-1987--1329979

Could get expensive

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

but there better be so good AM bits from both of you or here'll be trouble!!!! :fight:

Rumours of me buying you extensive amounts of resin goodies have been greatly exaggerated by our shot who is, as always, very keen on me spending my modelling funds on someone else's models!

🇺🇦 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Good man H.👍

Just trying to think how you will get pink primer into the build for a desert camo scheme?

🇺🇦

That's got to be a good base colour for various sands and browns, right? Or just use it on a LRDG Land Rover ;) 

• Like 3

• Dansk changed the title to I feel deserted GB. (...21 sandy lyles already)
On 07/05/2022 at 22:44, modelling minion said:

🇺🇦

But what if one the RNs Queenie HC4s that were painted in Arctic colours and served in a desert region? I am sure that most of them were painted just green, but you never know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jabba said:

But what if one the RNs Queenie HC4s that were painted in Arctic colours and served in a desert region? I am sure that most of them were painted just green, but you never know.

Ah but that would not be following the idea of the GB which is to show equipment in desert colours, or figures in desert dress, NOT equipment that happens to be being used in a desert otherwise it would be any colour scheme ever applied to anything including grey aircraft etc.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

it's not really in the 'spirit ' / point of the GB

edit:

and pat @JOCKNEY looking back we may have been a bit lax with that one of yours perhaps. (so if you can weather the hell out of it with sandy pigments or find something more deserty it will make craig and I sleep easier at night)

(edit: that sounds like we sleep in the same bed together. we don't) 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1