Steyr ADGZ

Hi all

here is another kit I have started in the past, it is a Hobby Boss 1/35 scale ADGZ and a IBG 100/17 Howitzer.
As always I have been inspired by a picture, source Stefano di Giusto "Panzer in OZAK" book, some historical background: the armorerd car is from a german Polizei Unit, the 13 Verst. Pol. Pz. Kp., while the howitzer is from a Slovene unit called "Domobranci".

Cheers!
Alessandro

spacer.png

The layout of the scene should be this, maybe I will also add a horse.

spacer.png

and the ADGZ at 90% to the end, the driver is already painted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alessandro_Jug
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, vytautas said:

Looks great, the visible ADGZ internal details are another level!

What engine did you use?

Vytautas

Hi all, thank you for the comments, I used a part from the MR Modellbau ADGZ engine to fill the gap.

Cheers
Alessandro

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Horse time!
I got a Master Box horse, then I replaced the tail with some cat's hair I set up with some hairspray, for the mane instead I used some syntetic shoe laces but I think the best is natural cat's hair.

Cheers!

Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alessandro_Jug
  • Like 8

That looks really impressive so far! The level of detail in the howitzer, the paintjob on the driver, the horse. You are a jack of all trades when it comes to modeling! 

Very interesting to see how you get on with this kit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, so I painted the armored car and the howitzer.

As a standard for me i use the hairspray technique and a selected washing, the models are at this stage of painting.

then I will start the real weathering with oil dots and pigments.

I hope you like it and feel free to add your comments and criticisms!

Cheers

Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

after a long time, here is a picture of the diorama base, I need to add some more trees and a lot of bushes, I also tried to figure out how the scene works,  and I think it resembles in a good way the original picture.
This summer I went out in the mountains around here for a walk, so I gathered a lot of pictures of what a forest look like, I think making a realistic natural environment is extremely difficult, so observe, should be the best way to reproduce it.

Cheers!

Alessandro

spacer.png

Edited by Alessandro_Jug
  • Like 11

Really interesting,  unusual subject and executed extremely well ! The fact that you managed to copy a particular scene from a period pic is also highly commendable ! One minor quibble, the horse is a bit shiny perhaps you could apply another coat of matt varnish.

Regards,

Arjan

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 14:48, Zgubiony Turysta said:

It's a great project, indeed 👍. Did the kit contain a brass barrel for the 20 mm cannon, or did you buy it separately?

Hi, the gun barrel is a 20 mm SBS brass barrel, it is made for the Toldi hungarian tank tough it's the same for the ADGZ.

The trees are from an italian firm called "diorama presepe", some are good some not and well... not cheap!

Oh yes, the horse is really shiny, I think I will repaint it, as four coats of matt paint did not do theyr job...

Well now the work goes on with the ground of the forest, wich will take a lot of time.

Cheers and thank you for all your comments!
Alessandro

• Like 1