Need to find a couple of standard travel pods for USA tactical aircraft. 1/72 of course

Robertone139

Assuming by "standard," you're referring to the MXU-648, Hasegawa's older tooling for gun-nosed Phantoms includes a pair that captures the shape fairly well. Those kits should be pretty inexpensive on the seconhand market, for obvious reasons.

I found a perfect one in a box with parts from various Hasegawa F-16s, it had two tabs (now removed) that were likely to match recesses in a pylon, it has perfect double conical tapered ends.

Still no idea of its provenience, the plastic is either Hasegawa or Fujimi standards.

I do not remember owning any of the older Hasegawa Phantoms btw.

Edit, using image search I found it in an Hasegawa A-10 boxing that I canned but still kept the parts.

Edited by Robertone139

My research leads me to believe that the BLU-27 Napalm (found in the Hasegawa weapons Set 1) with the fins removed can be used as cargo/travel pods.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 8:18 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

I had the aforementioned Phantom kit, and didn't know what the pods were - but have 4 available.

Yours for cost of postage from UK,  PM if interested.

Travel-Pods.jpg 

Also that same kit is the only source of a Phantom mid wing pylon AIM-4 double launchers

Regards

Armando

• Like 1