Supermarine Spitfire 1, 313 (Czech) Squadron RAF

At last, an RFI thread from Tweener.

This is the tried and (mostly) true Airfix 1/72 Spitfire 1, with decals from AML replacing the kit scheme I'd never have been able to do. Overall the kit is fine, but losing a few small parts during a move and having to try 4 different dark greens before getting a worthy result did plenty to test my patience and kill my interest. Then my family managed to drop it while I was off at Uni, hence the awkward sit of the landing gear after correction.
In any case, it's done. Photos are typically mediocre - I tried 3 different indoor spots before settling on taking them at my back porch. Even these aren't satisfactory, but they're what I've got.

Spitfire 1 Spitfire 1 Spitfire 1

The AML decals are rather nice, if very thin. I have another set of theirs for my Airfix Hurricane, which will be the focus once I finish the Airfix Italian Mustang and PR Hurricane from Heller.
Oh, and the GB Gnat. Who knew red paint would be so miserable?

Onwards and upwards,
Tweener

• Like 16

Ahh, family members and scale models.  I had to forbid my Mother from dusting my models when I was younger.  She managed to break something off every time.  For photos, I just use a piece of folded white poster board with a good light source.  It cost next to nothing and looks really good.

PS, good looking Spitfire

• Like 1

Very nice job!

I had a row of models on a mantlepiece in a spare room. All was well until my cricket mad youngest decided to practice his catching INDOORS (luckily with a tennis ball). He's normally a safe pair of hands but, suffice to say, that some of Luftwaffe's finest soon found themselves in for minor repairs to radio masts, guns,  undercarriage and propellers! Bless him😡!!