Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 1959 by fnick - Monogram 1/25

Morning all

Welcome to the RFI post for the Eldorado! I was hoping to have taken these shots in th sun but a couple of technical incidents (ok a rear light and a door handle weren't quite glued in properly and fell off! 😊) meant that some repairs were necessary...

As I wasn't sure when I have the chance in the near future of taking more outside shots i took some indoors last night. In still struggling to get the best out of my DSLR in artificial light but that is another story.

For this interested in the WIP here is a link. Anyhoo enough rambling here are the mugshots

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I didn't paint the roof but I did glue the rear window so here's what she looks like covered up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And a few more just for fun!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think the weather is looking sunnier next week so I'll try and get some outside pics then.

And here are the outside pics. I personally think tey give a much better impression of the true colour.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, Nick

Edited by Fnick
Sunny pics!
  • Like 28

Isn't it just!  Beautifully finished and superbly detailed.  The interior and engine bay are stunning.

I did precisely the same with the Thunderbird's soft top as painting it seemed to be a waste of time, it would end up looking precisely the same.

• Thanks 1

Very nice job on your build and finishing!

Love the color combination and chrome work.

Love the overhangs on cars of that era, certainly no thoughts of crumple zones back then.

Envious of how everything seems to fit well. Working on a '58 Biarritz - nothing fits!

• Thanks 1

Wow thank you all for the very kind comments. 😊 Glad you like the colour scheme. It was done with tamiya TS54 dark metallic blue and TS45 pearl white.

Nick

Edited by Fnick
Fixed tyop
  • Thanks 1

Got to agree that this is an excellent build, you've done a good job here as was evident as the WIP thread progressed.

I'd also say that the photography looks good too, judging by those last few shots you're starting to play around with settings such as aperture and if you're anything like me that playing around will give you some good ideas for your next round of photographs. Not sure why you think you're not getting the indoor photography right - are you concerned about the white balance?

• Thanks 1

Thank you gents

9 hours ago, Spiny said:

Not sure why you think you're not getting the indoor photography right

Maybe it's just me being my worst critic again 🙂 but I just don't think the colours are coming out right. Probably a question of keep trying and play around with the various settings.

Nick

11 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Cheers Andy! You coming back to the car section any time soon?😁

Cheers, Nick

Not soon mate but I'll be back for sure 😉 👍 

• Like 3

Thats a lot of surface to cover and every scale inch has been done to perfection,  really enjoyed watching this behemoth come together.  Although she looks good with the roof up, you definitely need to display her with it down to show off the gorgeous interior - Andy 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Liizio!

Yes lots of chrome. I used between 2/3 and 3/4 of a BMF sheet and that is despite using all the kit chrome!

Nick

Edited by Fnick
Fixed tyop

Thanks Andy for your kind comments!

Yes I am displaying her with the roof off! This is the only convertible I have so I am going to make the most of being able to see her interior. Car interiors are my favourite part of the build and I always feel a bit annoyed at them not being easily visible!

Nick