Swords of the Unjust (2 x 1/72 IBG Fw 190D-9)

If i remember correctly, there was a thread on Hyperscale some time ago which dealt with the Dora's landing gear angles. I think it was Roy Sutherland* who came up with a method using visual cues. At the time I built loads of langnase 190s and became quite adept at eyeballing it. I very much doubt whether I could now though!

Something in the back of my mind is nagging at me that to get the forward rake, if you look at the model from directly above, the wheels should be *just* protruding beyond the wing (i.e. "touching") , if that makes sense. Please check first though!

* don't quote me on that, and apologies to Roy if it wasn't.

• Like 1

Yes, in the worst/finest (according to your tastes) of Carry On puns, what a fine pair!  Now off to check out the Kittyhawk build 👍

MV5BNDVjMzcxNWYtOGYzMC00N2Y1LTk4Y2EtNjI5

(Would Peter Butterworth actually approve? Probably not. He was shot down in his FAA Albacore in 1940 and spent the rest of the war as a POW!)

• Like 1

Well I think they look great. Nice to see a dirty bird once in a while. And such a great pair!  “Bowwwwwmm!!” Sorry I went all carry on there for a minute. I was only talking about Peter butterwort on Saturday. 😃 Great finish and very much looking forward to the next build.

Bravo.

Johnny

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I found two articles from Hyperscale which deal with the Fw 190's undercarriage stance, which you can find here and here. Hopefully there's enough info to get it right. Sorry I wasn't in time for your build, but if you do decide to build another '190, it might be worth bookmarking.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 1:44 AM, Hamden said:

A stunning trio of Fw's you have there, just wish my attempts at building models was half as good as yours!

Don't you do tanks? I literally am afraid to try that.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, Brandy said:

Even more so when considering what you went through to get them to this point!

I don't think it's a bad kit at all, it's just weirdly complicated, like trying to assemble a Swiss watch.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:02 AM, CedB said:

Wot they said - a nice pair if ever I've seen one :) 

Oh Cedric, how I've longed to hear you compliment my pair!

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Well I think they look great. Nice to see a dirty bird once in a while. And such a great pair!

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams.gif

2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I found two articles from Hyperscale which deal with the Fw 190's undercarriage stance, which you can find here and here. Hopefully there's enough info to get it right. Sorry I wasn't in time for your build, but if you do decide to build another '190, it might be worth bookmarking.

Much obliged, thank you!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

Don't you do tanks? I literally am afraid to try that.

I do make afv's as well as planes and the occasional car, most of my Britmodeller build posts are afv related. Come on over and try some armour they are not so hard as aircraft unless you go for one with full interior.

Really enjoy watching your superb  builds and learning about the back histories behind them.

Stay safe           Roger 

• Thanks 1