German Sea King Mk. 41 interior color(s)

Seawinder

I've found one thread at another site calling out Dark Admiralty Grey for the cockpit, but photos I've found of a German Navy Mk. 41 show a significantly lighter color, more like Medium Sea Grey. Can anybody clarify? I'm also interested in the cabin color, if it's different from the cockpit.

Thanks! Pip

• 4 months later...

DAG sounds too dark, I agree.  The only Sea Kings (of which I am aware) that had different front & back colours are those where the cockpit was configured for NVG operations (RN SAR cabs, Junglies), where the front cockpit was black and the rear remained grey.  Can’t help you with Mk.41, though

• Thanks 1

It may very well be a RAL colour. 

All the external colours of the Mk41 SAR aircraft were painted in RAL colours, not BS381C. 

The gearbox, rotating controls and transmissions deck as well as various related compenents were painted the same colour as the UK military Sea King's (I assume something BS381C, but can't find the correct reference).

This forum thread indicates that the Mk 41 interior was in fact Dark Admiralty Grey http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/324018-german-sea-king-mk-41-interior-colors/