Ukraine Tribute Build - 1/72 Modelsvit Antonov An-225 Mriya

To say that this is “great work” or “it’s a stuning model” means to say nothing!

i’ve seen Mryia in 1/72 only twice, including this model. First was in USSR livery and with Buran on it’s back. And both times I can’t imagine what an perseverance and skill needed to built this tsar-model. Comparison with 1/72 tank espetially impressive!
Congratulations!

Edited by tMikha
  • Thanks 1

On 12/06/2022 at 03:09, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks, Wolfhound, that's generous of you to say having done such a superlative job of your one. Mine is a meagre effort in comparison, but I can take some comfort in that I am a member of a fairly small club of those who have built the kit. Are you aware of any others?

Let me show one more finished 1/72 Mriya. That was first I seen in this scale, plus it has Buran shuttle in company. Absolutely great work. As I understand, that man worked at Antonov bureau, now retired. 

https://karopka.ru/community/user/13030/?MODEL=602126

And here is his (too short in my opinion) description of process (excuse me for using auto-translate)

Good afternoon! I apologize to everyone for not being able to give a description of the models when uploading.  Initially, the project was conceived as AN-225. Then it was decided to make a universal project Mriya - Buran. To do this, the Buran itself was needed, which, unfortunately, had not been released for a long time. I found it in the warehouse ""AMODEL."The work has begun.  Two models, these are two creepy structures called (RESIN)   To make this blow joint, you need to do two things.This is a retractable landing gear and an external platform. conceived, done. As for the AN-225, it's 50x50. Unlike the AN-124, this is a new casting of such components as the chassis, the engine group and the gondola itself. Otherwise, it's the same hack even for a lot of money. In the AN-225, the nose cook has been modified, an almost meter-long cabin, a ramp-ramp has been made. All landing gear struts have been modified (under the squat principle). Friends, you can write endlessly about this blow... What exactly interests whom, ask. I will answer with pleasure. The models are in front of you. Enjoy your viewing.

Edited by tMikha

11 hours ago, tMikha said:

Let me show one more finished 1/72 Mriya. That was first I seen in this scale, plus it has Buran shuttle in company. Absolutely great work. As I understand, that man worked at Antonov bureau, now retired. 

https://karopka.ru/community/user/13030/?MODEL=602126

And here is his (too short in my opinion) description of process (excuse me for using auto-translate)

Good afternoon! I apologize to everyone for not being able to give a description of the models when uploading.  Initially, the project was conceived as AN-225. Then it was decided to make a universal project Mriya - Buran. To do this, the Buran itself was needed, which, unfortunately, had not been released for a long time. I found it in the warehouse ""AMODEL."The work has begun.  Two models, these are two creepy structures called (RESIN)   To make this blow joint, you need to do two things.This is a retractable landing gear and an external platform. conceived, done. As for the AN-225, it's 50x50. Unlike the AN-124, this is a new casting of such components as the chassis, the engine group and the gondola itself. Otherwise, it's the same hack even for a lot of money. In the AN-225, the nose cook has been modified, an almost meter-long cabin, a ramp-ramp has been made. All landing gear struts have been modified (under the squat principle). Friends, you can write endlessly about this blow... What exactly interests whom, ask. I will answer with pleasure. The models are in front of you. Enjoy your viewing.

That's incredible! Both models are superb, but the extra work that's gone into the An-225 is amazing. I love the An-2 in the last photo, it's on of my favourites. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Superb. A double tribute; both to the brave people of Ukraine and to yourself for overcoming personal limitations and a challenging kit to produce such a fabulous model. I have to say it again - superb.

• Thanks 1