Ukraine Tribute Build - 1/72 Modelsvit Antonov An-225 Mriya

That is a fantastic display of modeling skill. I'd never be brave enough to even think about hanging that behemoth from my ceiling! 😅

• Thanks 1

I was wondering how this kit looks, all things considered she looks great. The support underneath is a great idea. I figured these would be metal landing gear.

• Thanks 1

What a magnificent example of the late Mryia, Mark @Kiwikitbasher and the photos belie the problems you may have had with it.

As a fellow spinal sufferer, also four sessions under the knife, I share and sympathise with the ongoing discomfort of needing to stand for a modelling session such as this  would have entailed.

Any problems are not reflected in the model !

Rog

• Thanks 1

Just WOW!!! that is an awesome collections, I did like to have a one in my collections too, but don't have the budget now, maybe someday in the future and will surely come back here for inspiration. Cheers mate

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Latinbear said:

What an extraordinary piece of work and well done you for persevering! I didn't know there was a kit of this aircraft available. 

Thanks, there is also a 1/144 scale kit by Revell. Here is my mate Dimitri's one sat next to my unfinished model last Thursday, April 28 during a group build session in his garage.

spacer.png

• Like 11

What an incredible model! My dad has this kit in his stash and seeing it in its 'raw state' makes what you've achieved here even more worthy of praise. One to be very proud of.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was something very stunning about the Mrija, and you've captured it brilliantly.  It makes a great tribute to the aircraft, and you'd never know you'd struggled with it.  Slava Ukraini indeed. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant modelling of a difficult subject! ...and under very trying circumstances too :)

If there was a Victoria Cross for modelling you would get one for this job.

Cheers, Moggy (full of admiration for your skills and determination)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite the many difficulties, the resulting model is truly beautiful. I can't see one thing wrong with it.

• Thanks 1