Vickers Medium Mk2 1/72

A shed on tracks, which is what I first thought. However this tank has grown on me to become one of my current favourite tanks. This is a 3D resin print of a subject not available in plastic in 1/72. There are 1/35 kits from HobbyBoss, maybe one day...

The Vickers Medium mk 2 and its variants was the British Army's main medium Tank during the interwar period. It replaced the Medium Mark C and was in turn replaced by the Cruiser Mk1. The Vickers Medium Mk2 was phased out in 1938 however a few were used as training vehicles at the start of the war and some may have seen some action in North Africa at the start of the war (as pill boxes possibly).

If you'd asked me to draw a tank as a kid I may well have come up with something looking like the Vickers Medium Mk 2. 

Decals are from Dan Taylor, I have an urge to build a few more to use the rest of the decal options.

PXL_20220503_200442389.jpg

PXL_20220503_200435432.jpg

PXL_20220503_200422386.jpg

PXL_20220503_200404175.jpg

PXL_20220503_200351471.MP.jpg

PXL_20220503_200336004.jpg

cheers

Calum

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Yg Models said:

i also enjoy 1/72 AFVs.

mostly assemble related model kits made by mainland china.

thier QC and variations are much better than EU or JP 's brands.

If chinese companies can make them I will buy them, room for everyone.

Another great build Sardaukar. Again very interesting choice, I too quite like the ole shed on tracks, it kinda looks it age if you know what I mean. Not the best tank in the world and looked quite flimsy but oddly aesthetically appealing. 
   If you gonna do more have you checked out the desert camo options because they are really mad looking? I’ll try send a link If interested. 

Edited by Muchmirth
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Another great build Sardaukar. Again very interesting choice, I too quite like the ole shed on tracks, it kinda looks it age if you know what I mean. Not the best tank in the world and looked quite flimsy but oddly aesthetically appealing. 
   If you gonna do more have you checked out the desert camo options because they are really mad looking? I’ll try send a link If interested. 

thanks 

It has a kinda steampunk look and looks like it might be comfortable inside although I bet its not. Interwar designs can be very interesting and are often overlooked by model companies. I also did this as a bit of a companion piece to my A1E1 Independent build for the Big and British group build which is another great looking interwar design.

Are you talking about the sliver and black scheme? If so I was tempted, if not please share a link.

14 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

thanks 

It has a kinda steampunk look and looks like it might be comfortable inside although I bet its not. Interwar designs can be very interesting and are often overlooked by model companies. I also did this as a bit of a companion piece to my A1E1 Independent build for the Big and British group build which is another great looking interwar design.

Are you talking about the sliver and black scheme? If so I was tempted, if not please share a link.

Silver and black!!! What! I’m going to have to check that out, sounds brilliant. 
  I’ll have a wee look for the those pics and send on. Theirs a Maltese option with the yellow and cracked green/croc effect one and some really garishly light blue and light green options. 
  Are you going to do the half track/armoured car gb that starts around oct time? … and when you gonna get your big boy pants on get an 1/35 on the go? Haha only kidding nothing wrong with 1/72 (just the ones I make!).

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Silver and black!!! What! I’m going to have to check that out, sounds brilliant. 
  I’ll have a wee look for the those pics and send on. Theirs a Maltese option with the yellow and cracked green/croc effect one and some really garishly light blue and light green options. 
  Are you going to do the half track/armoured car gb that starts around oct time? … and when you gonna get your big boy pants on get an 1/35 on the go? Haha only kidding nothing wrong with 1/72 (just the ones I make!).

Near the end of the article https://warspot.net/81-medium-tank-mk-ii-interbellum-long-liver there is also an interesting one covered in asbestos sheets.

I will be joining the Armoured Car group build and have several candidates to chose from, I've been trying to work out what I can stick 51st Highland Division decals on.

1/35? maybe when my eyes can't hack 1/72 anymore :D. I do have a small 1/35th stash, a tamiya Tiger after a trip to Bovington and inspired by Tiger 131, a Tamiya and an Airfix cromwell, Miniart T-54 and Tiran 4 with full interior (Scary) and a Tamiya Tiran 5. I have a 1/48 T-55 built but unpainted.

34 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

Near the end of the article https://warspot.net/81-medium-tank-mk-ii-interbellum-long-liver there is also an interesting one covered in asbestos sheets.

I will be joining the Armoured Car group build and have several candidates to chose from, I've been trying to work out what I can stick 51st Highland Division decals on.

1/35? maybe when my eyes can't hack 1/72 anymore :D. I do have a small 1/35th stash, a dragon Tiger after a trip to Bovington and inspired by Tiger 131, a Tamiya and an Airfix cromwell, Miniart T-54 and Tiran 4 with full interior (Scary) and a Tamiya Tiran 5. I have a 1/48 T-55 built but unpainted.

I’ll hopefully see you their… same for myself too many choices for it.

Here’s an idea the 51st div used to have loads of universal carriers (apa did a blinding one on here from the bronco set) they apparently graffiti HD everywhere, even on vehicles!!! Good excuse for some hand painted graffiti if you ask me. So much so they earned the nickname the ‘highway decorators’. I wanted to do this on my Tamiya uc but used a different div in the end.

Bovington/tank fest is always great craic. I like the sound of the tiger and the airfix crom. Don’t know enough about the Tiran/idf but stix did a really cool one. 
   Agree the miniart t54 with interior would be scary as hell! 

• Like 1