Recommendation for model shop in Berlin

lesthegringo

All, there are no model shops here in Qatar, but I have a forthcoming business trip to Berlin. Looking on line there are some shops there but I will only have chance to visit one due to time contraints.

I want some supplies, preferably lacquer paints and thinners, if possible Gunze but Tamiya is fine too. I have enough models to keep me occupied for a good while, however you know what we are all like when it comes to impulse purchases, so if it is well stocked all the better. Nonetheless it is supplies that I most need so would appreciate any guidance as to which shop would have what I need

Cheers

Les

Be careful Les, shipping that kind of stuff can be tricky. Having worked for both an airline and airport law enforcement, you may need to get clearance from the airline to do so. You might be able to buy it and have the shop send it to you. Possibly through a 3rd party contract package service like DHL, UPS, or something similar. They usually have the clearance and ability to transport flammable and hazmat type materials. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis - I have found that as long as you are not being stupid about it and try and ship huge quantities of stuff, a couple of little jars of paint and a small bottle of thinners is tolerated, but of course it has to be sealed and in the check in baggage not the cabin. Generally I buy a kit, and put a couple of items in the box with it. Having said that, large quantities of paint or thinners would definitely be frowned upon

When I lived in the UAE I used to buy from Lucky Model on line and that worked well, but unfortunately here in Qatar it doesn't seem to work so well. It takes a long time (up to three months) and is also expensive; you can double the cost of your purchase. Added to that Lucky Model seem to have more stuff on back order than they have in stock (at least for what I want) so even if I tried them I would be disappointed. As I don't need much I imagine it will not be an isseu for the small amount I need, assuming I find it of course

Les