Too old for rock'n roll but not for models!

Sir Dennis

Hello everyone, 

Another lurker decided to finally sign up. I guess I share my story with many others. In my young days I started to build aircraft from WW2. I got older and other interest took over. When I was over 50 years old I got interested again. Mainly due to another person who helped me a lot to catch up. Actually, I started where I left but discovered later on the joy to building AFV as well. 

So here I am. As you may have noted my first language is not English but I hope you can understand me despite that. 

Take care and all the best, 

Dennis 

• Like 2

Gidday Dennis, welcome aboard. I admire anyone who speaks more than one language. I only speak one, Australian, which is a distorted version of English. 🙂

Oh, and by the way, one is never too old for rock'n'roll! 😁 I still like it, at 65. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

Thanks Mike, absolutely true. Some people call it life but I prefer "pesky other interest" 😇

Dennis, nice to address another Dennis 👍 Sounds very interesting with Sci-Fi. Diversity tend to add more skillness, at least that is my experiences. After building a few AFV (read tanks) I was more eager and more comfortable to do more weathering on my Aircrafts. So both Sci-Fi and Figures are on my want-to-do list. The later is also related to my wish to really explore Scale 75 paint series with a brush. 

Thanks for your kind welcoming and all the best, 

Dennis (in Sweden) 

• Like 1

Don't worry about English not being your first language, Dennis - I'm willing to bet that you speak much better English than most BM'ers speak Swedish!  Oh, and what's with this too old for rock 'n' roll stuff?  You're never too old!

Welcome to BM.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcoming. 

"Too old..." was something I had a flash of when trying to cut a 0.3 mm copper wire inserted in tracks but missed and instead tried to cut of my finger... 😜

Language, point taken 👍

All the best, 

Dennis 

I’ve been modeling and rock and rolling for years, although the other guitarist in my band just broke his hip/pelvis and his shoulder in a bike accident, so no rock and rolling for a while…

I have certainly become more productive with modeling as I get older and play out less.

Welcome aboard!

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 1

Welcome Dennis,

Your English grammar is  better than mine, and I am a native to this country 😆

Never too old for RnR (he says as he adjusts his zimmer frame)

“Rock and roll keeps you in a constant state of juvenile delinquency.”

Eddie Spaghetti - 2000

Well said Eddie......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PlasticUtopia said:

Welcome Dennis,

Your English grammar is  better than mine, and I am a native to this country 😆

Thank you, reading in English is a great way to learn how to write. 

All the best, 

Dennis 

Welcome from a fellow newcomer, just back to the modelling fold after fifty years in the wilderness!  You've fallen amongst friends here.

Echoing many others I have two comments to make...

1)  Your grasp of English is better than a lot of native Brits I've come across.  Speaking as one who has fond memories of a Swedish girlfriend many decades ago, the standard of English amongst Swedish folk generally always amazed me.

2)  There's only one category of person who can honestly claim to be too old for Rock 'n Roll - deceased.  😁

Neddy, 

Thank you fellow newcommer. I am amazed of the welcoming and the deep knowledge Britmodeller.com shows. It sure feels good to be here 👍

We from small countries like Sweden, Denmark and the Netherland are forced to learn another language (at present english) in order to communicate with the rest of the world. Looking back on the history we can see that the shift of influences has affected us, among the affected aspects are the main foreign language we speak. When France was the row model in Sweden we learned and used french, next it was Germany and nowadays it is USA/UK and english. Hopefully I will not be forced to learn Chinese 😁

Thanks and all the best, 

Dennis 

16 hours ago, Neddy said:

2)  There's only one category of person who can honestly claim to be too old for Rock 'n Roll - deceased.  😁

Gidday, you've never heard of the song "Rock and Roll Heaven" by the Righteous Brothers? 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2022 at 09:21, Cyberduck said:

Just a thought, but most of Iron Maiden are entitled to OAP travel discount!

That must be how they can afford to use Ed Force One!

Never too old for a bit of Maiden.  It’s when you dig out a tour t-shirt that you haven’t had out for awhile & realise the tour dates were 20+ years ago.  You know you are getting old when your kid is buying a retro shirt of a tour you saw!  I am still going to the gigs & bouncing about and managing to get some modelling done so enjoy Sir Dennis!

• Like 2