BAe Nimrod MR.2 - Anigrand 1:144

Dear fellow modellers,

I would like to show you my latest finished model. I had been working on it for a long time and was reluctant to do some of the necessary additions, like the stabilizers on the elevator, the triangular part and the strake at the rear of the aircraft and of course ALL the antennas. I also added the windshield wipers, because they are very distinctive on the original. But two days ago I just started doing it and everything went very smooth and quickly. 

I was surprised to find fotos showing that the Nimrod has a more glossy finish. 

I used Revell Aqua Colours as usual. Only two were used. RAF Hemp was mixed using 4 parts 371 Light grey and one part or so of Africa brown. The lower side is painted with 371 Light grey.

The model is a tailsitter which is unusual for Anigrand. Normally they are constructed so that no weight is necessary. I added chocks at the rear of the main wheels and that did the trick. More chocks on the front side are also needed, I know.

The first try to do the dirt and oil traces of the Avon engines was a little overdone. So I resprayed the area and with some oil paint and soft pencil it looks a bit cleaner now.

The panel lines are created very deep by Anigrand. I did not like that and tried to fill them but of no avail. Neither super glue nor Mr. surfacer would fill the deep lines. So I just accepted them. They are like you can see them now, I did not emphasize them. 

I also tried to take some pictures using a background picture, but I think the neutral dark grey background looks the best.

I hope you like the model of this iconic airplane. Thanks for looking!

Greetings from Germany!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nimrod-1.jpg

• Like 42

Looks absolutely fantastic! I wish there were a plastic kit of it in this scale, I'd definitely have a few. Maybe I'll have to build this resin one at some point...,

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

... I wonder what else will follow from your partially built stash?

Me too! It is always a matter of spontaneous overflow of sudden interest. And the stash of partially built kits is very big. It could be a Victor or a VC-10 having the same colour. We will see...

• Like 1