Afrika Korp half track diorama

The halftrack was shown on the armoured vehicles section  a couple of months ago.  the kit came with a 5 figures, so I decided to try and make a diorama out of it.  The Base is homemade and I used a couple of Tamiya weapons kits and fuel can kits to add extra detail to the diorama, including filling up the back of the half track with bits. I also added a heavily weathered broken BMW bike as I liked the look of it. I added a storage box to the front of the halftrack, a folded tarpoline and a bucket (again because I liked the look of it 🙂 .

I particularly enjoyed weathering the oil can (particularly how the different paint tones have come through on the one lying on its side.

Ready just in time for the Milton Keynes show next week.

DSC_0762 DSC_0763 DSC_0766 DSC_0767 DSC_0768 DSC_0770 DSC_0774

DSC_0775 DSC_0776

DSC_0778 DSC_0779 DSC_0781 DSC_0786 DSC_0780

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

On 5/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

Very nice. That old kit hasn't changed a bit! 😄

An old kit, but it went together very nicely (except for the rubber band tracks), why do kit manufacturers do these?)

What a great scenery, full of action and stunningly realistic! I love the soil, the weathering and the movement of the grenadiers. This looks like a picture from my father's (an Afrika Korps veteran) album.

5 hours ago, Toryu said:

What a great scenery, full of action and stunningly realistic! I love the soil, the weathering and the movement of the grenadiers. This looks like a picture from my father's (an Afrika Korps veteran) album.

Thanks Toryu. Glad you like it. My Grand dad was in the Gordon Highlanders in North Africa

• 1 month later...

Great scene and I particularly love your groundwork, it just looks perfectly in scale to me. Not sure how a desert can be over scale but I hope you know what I mean.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, Gordon J said:

Great scene and I particularly love your groundwork, it just looks perfectly in scale to me. Not sure how a desert can be over scale but I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks.  I was pleased with how it came out.  the size of the gravel stones I used, looks right