ICM to release MiG-29 "Ghost of Kiev"

'A Ukrainian fighter pilot dubbed the "Ghost of Kyiv" was killed in action after it was claimed he downed more than 40 invading Russian aircraft.

Major Stepan Tarabalka died when his Mig-29 was shot down fighting "overwhelming" numbers of enemies on March 13.'

LBC website, 30 April 2022

1 hour ago, Nigel Bunker said:

'A Ukrainian fighter pilot dubbed the "Ghost of Kyiv" was killed in action after it was claimed he downed more than 40 invading Russian aircraft.

Major Stepan Tarabalka died when his Mig-29 was shot down fighting "overwhelming" numbers of enemies on March 13.'

LBC website, 30 April 2022

Already been denied by Ukraine.

Yes he died,  no he did not have 40 kills.

They even categorically state that the 'Ghost' is a representation of all UA pilots.

• Like 5

I just pre-ordered with Jadlam

I reckon this is going to be extremely popular and will sell out very quickly so I wanted to be sure of getting one

Just one will do me, all I can afford

PS. ICM are doing a matching paint set at £9.95

icm3027_1__47902.1651685384.1280.1280.jp

PPS; What are their paints like to use?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

don’t usually build in 1/72 these days due to increasing lack of manual dexterity, but I think I might make an exception in this case.

Who knows, they might even scale it up to 1/48, here’s hoping.

John

🇺🇦

• Like 4

Has an exact release date been confirmed? Some places suggest from the 16th, others the 31st, and then others July 👀

I've got one pre-ordered from emodels with the hope it arrives in time for the old birthday. Obviously can't complain much on any delay given the bigger picture, but still curious 😋

Gaz

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, RAGATIGER said:

Btw that kit also appear on the Hannants webpage as preorder

But if you interested only on the decals at Ebay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313985979360?hash=item491b05d3e0:g:IrIAAOSwWAJiYoGR

Already have this kit and its more like same ICM or Eastern Express

Regards

Armando

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, RAGATIGER said:

Btw that kit also appear on the Hannants webpage as preorder

I just order the ICM Model and the paint set from Hannants today

On 10/05/2022 at 21:26, Black Knight said:

I just pre-ordered with Jadlam

I reckon this is going to be extremely popular and will sell out very quickly so I wanted to be sure of getting one

A message from Jadlam yesterday that my kit is on its way to me

I see that the price has gone up by £1, from £19.95 to £20.95 [including postage]

emodels has stock at £17.28 [plus postage =£22.29 approx]

https://www.emodels.co.uk/icm-1-72-mikoyan-mig-29-fulcrum-of-ukrainian-air-force-72140.html

On 6/8/2022 at 3:55 AM, Black Knight said:

A message from Jadlam yesterday that my kit is on its way to me

I see that the price has gone up by £1, from £19.95 to £20.95 [including postage]

emodels has stock at £17.28 [plus postage =£22.29 approx]

https://www.emodels.co.uk/icm-1-72-mikoyan-mig-29-fulcrum-of-ukrainian-air-force-72140.html

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Delivered today, one month to the date of my pre-ordering, my ICM 'Ghost of Kyiv' kit from Jadlam

They are not the cheapest or earliest of suppliers but always a very reliable one.

Edited by ElectroSoldier

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the kit from my local model shop last weekend, very happy to actually buy a kit from a real person for once 🙂  Was wondering if anyone knew any alternative colours for the "off white" and "sky grey" colours for the camo on this?  I was going to get the paint set then realised that, with the camo being decals, most of the paints in there are redundant unless you choose to paint the camo.  Also, if anyone's built it, how are the camo decals?  If they're a bit iffy I might have to think about trying to paint the camo - eek!

Al.