Sea Vampire F.20

Hi all 

I have been working on this little beauty.  Not a bad kit, although a bit basic in places, built OOB apart from some seat belts and some PE wheel hubs 

I cut the rear undercarriage legs down to get the stance right, as otherwise looked as though it was Twerking!!! I also used the closed undercarriage door leg sections as the ones moulded on the undercarriage legs are too small

Brush painted using Humbrol enamels and an oil wash.  

Here's the link to my WIP if interested, it covers a multitude of FAA aircraft builds

Thanks to those who have supported and encouraged me along the way. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 51

I'm always amazed what a clean finish you get with the brush. This one looks great and the satin finish always looks great on this scheme. I have one in the stash and am very much looking forward to it. Which of the Cyber Hobby Sea V kits did you enjoy the most? 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking build Chris,nice to see a Naval Vampire modelled.

Thanks Steve, I had to get one for my expanding FAA collection,  it goes nicely next to my Sea Venom too.

32 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Absolute little beauty Chris! Very nice to see a rarely modelled FAA type.

Terry

Thanks Terry,  very kind, it's  certainly a must for my FAA builds, I have really enjoyed doing lots of FAA kits.  I have just got a Skybirds 86 Scimitar too, which I am well chuffed about.  Another one for my Dad's fave Jets from Centaur.

22 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

I'm always amazed what a clean finish you get with the brush. This one looks great and the satin finish always looks great on this scheme. I have one in the stash and am very much looking forward to it. Which of the Cyber Hobby Sea V kits did you enjoy the most? 

Thanks Ngantek, that's really kind of you, I can't use an airbrush so am in awe of you modellers that can weald them so well.

It's a nice kit although a bit basic in places, the IP looks a bit odd but  you can't see it through the canopy,  the oil paint wash also helps, along with a drybrush with a lighter colour in the panel centres.

I have only built the Cyberhobby Sea Venom as I have the Sea Vixen in 48th scale with the gorgeous Airfix Kit converted to a FAW.1.

The Sea Venom is a lovely kit and recommend to all. Very enjoyable that build was.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

Lovely build and finish as usual Chris 👍

I'm glad you fixed the main gear stance because googling "twerking vampire" took me to some very unsavoury sites 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Chris,

A superb finish and most engaging WIP. The level of finish you achieve with a brush is astonishing,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tweener said:

Lovely as always Chris, keep them coming!

Thanks Tweener,  very kind

2 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

I havent been at my computer much recently, so I kinda missed this one.

Another absolute beauty.  I have always had a soft spot for the FAA.  Just beautiful as always

Thanks Anthony very kind too fella,  got quite a few more FAA subjects to go still .

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

Lovely build and finish as usual Chris 👍

I'm glad you fixed the main gear stance because googling "twerking vampire" took me to some very unsavoury sites 😂

😄 Thanks Alan , very good, I'm tempted to look myself , never do things like that on a work computer though !!!

2 hours ago, cardiff guy said:

nice build, well done.

Why thank you sir

18 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

A superb finish and most engaging WIP. The level of finish you achieve with a brush is astonishing,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger and thanks for your support and encouragement along the way as always, very kind comments too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

2 hours ago, David Womby said:

Had to believe it's brush painted.  Well done.

David

Thanks David, very kind of you, I don't have an airbrush setup as work in the house. I am in awe of people that can use one as some of the effects that are created are wonderful. 

Thanks

Chris

8 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

That's just how it should be done.

Absolutely beautiful.

Cheers,

Alistair

Very kind, Thanks Alistair, it was seeing you build yours that made me get this one.  Pleased with how it’s turned out.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, junglierating said:

BZ to you ....out of interest tail code HF is...where? 

Thank you, Hal Far or HMS Falcon. I was born nearby at Imtarfa. 

11 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

That is beautiful - most evocative.

Thanks John, very kind.

Chris

• Like 2