1/32 - Lockheed-Martin F-35C Lightning II by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

That's going to be a pricey kit, but if Trumpeter did it justice it's on my one or two buys for the year. I'm eagerly looking forward to both in-box and build reviews. The F-35C is my favorite of the F-35 series.

• Like 3

If they did a B I might be interested, look fwd to reviews of this kit though. Trumpeter can be a bit hit or miss and I cant imagine them (or anyone really) getting near one to measure it up ... and indeed none of us can get near one to verify, its going to have to be a case of ... if it looks rights its near enough :)

None the less, its a welcome addition for 1/32 scale modellers I'm sure.

• 1 month later...

Looks to be a great fun kit

(but for the same money I can have the forthcoming 1/32 Revell Hurricane & ICM Yak-9T plus the 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer S.2C) 

(but I also want to support Trumpeter's 1/32 jet endeavours so that they keep releasing new kits)

Tony 

• Like 1

The upper surface RAM panels appear to be overstated, but then that's been a problem with F-22 and F-35 models, regardless the scale, for some time now. I'm definitely interested in seeing a build review.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 1:43 AM, jpk said:

Looks like a upscale of the Kitty Hawk kit.

It's definitely not that:

The parts breakdown (engine/stabilizers/fins) seems much more user-friendly. Is it worth double the IT F-35A? Can't really say that from those sprue shots 🤔

• 7 months later...

"I cant imagine them (or anyone really) getting near one to measure it up ... and indeed none of us can get near one to verify,"

Well I work for Lockheed Martin on the F-35C and B directly here at NAS PAX River.   I work in the hanger on the jets, and I just bought this kit and it arrived last night.  I have not opened it yet, but will tonight.  I can tell you firsthand that it looks right. I will tell you this, and I have had this debate before in other threads, the LOMM material that closes up the seams (the zig zag pattern) is the exact same color as the fuselage of the jet itself.  It only looks lighter out in the sun, and then only from certain angles.  So painting it either way is correct.  I will paint mine all the same color.  Since I work in Flight Test, and not in the fleet, I will be configuring mine a little differently.  I will be doing mine as tail CF-05 which did the first Carrier Quals.  Our Skipper did all the first test flights in her and she holds a special place in his heart.

I am building a diorama carrier deck scene for our conference room.  It will have all of the aircraft that we test.  An F/A-18E, F & G, plus the Charlie F-35 and a Bravo when it's released, all in 32nd scale.  The Skipper have me an unused credenza that I will build the deck on top of.  Yesterday he gave me a tour of the F-18 side of the house so I could get all of the detail correct since I have never been up close and personal to Hornets.  When I was in the Navy, they were not in the Fleet yet, only F014's, A-6's and A-7's.  I work on the 35's so i know those really well.  But Hornets were a mystery to me.    

Edited by mclare
  • Like 9