1/48 - Fairchild-Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild-Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by HobbyBoss - box art - release June 2022
3 hours ago, One 48 said:

Isn't there an all new tool A-10 by some one else due a release soon?

I need a good 1/48 A-10.

Yeh, Academy releasing a new tool at the end of the year.

• Like 1

Ahh yes, and thanks, not wishing to detract from this topic, but I think I'll wait until the Academy kit is out and compare, am in no hurry, used to own the Tamiya one but its one of their really early kits, not representative of what they can do these days IMHO.

Hello everyone.             Isn't there an all new tool A-10 by some one else due a release soon? 

I’m all for choice………

I’m either-or company, but, quality first. And then, availability.

As most recent after market decals are for a C version BOTH will be very welcome releases. But , one or both must pass muster.  

Thanks for looking.    😉

• Like 1

Gotta love a Warthog :) I'll be happy with a new tool one, but the original HB kits weren't too bad compared to what was available at the time. :shrug:

I'll be interested in seeing what the folks at GWH come up with :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice to see a Nellis based scheme too, having seen a number of these during a number of trips out to Red Flag over the past several years.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 11:12 AM, Bozothenutter said:

And GWH...

You must think they are going to be the big name top quality company to take the leap and make a kit that will let them print money.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairchild-Republic A-10C Thunderbolt II by HobbyBoss - released
13 hours ago, exdraken said:

Nice colorful options I have to say!

The weapons only party reflect a C- model loadout though 😞

I suspect that the weapons will be the same as the existing A-10A kit and you'll have to go aftermarket for an up to date load out.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

At least the instrument panel should be different for the C-variant (not sure if there are other visible changes between the late A and C variant). 

"Should" and "will be" certainly are different things.

The weapons as mentioned  above are also quite different. 

If Hobbyboss cares to implement we will find out... I fear not though....

53 minutes ago, exdraken said:

"Should" and "will be" certainly are different things.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. That's why I said 'should' 😉

Knowing Hobby Boss, it is quite possible they take some shortcuts but I'm open to get surprised.

In the end it doesn't matter much to me. I have the HB A-10A with the Eduard interior set for the Italeri A-10C in order to get a modern 'Hog'. Testfit of the IP shows that it is a bit too big to fit the HB kit but I think I can coax it into place 😁

Cheers

Markus

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought my first A-10A+ from Hobby Boss, intenting to backdate to an 80's A-10A. If proving as good as the reviews state, I'll be chasing this A-10C for sure, sparing me the cost of aftermarket cockpit :)

• 2 months later...