An oldie as well as a newbie

Neddy

Hello from the bottom righthand corner of Boris' Kingdom!

As a kid I was into literally everything modelling involved - scratch-building slot cars, model railways, plastic kit modelling, balsa and tissue gliders, R/C, custom hotrod model building, the lot.  Then adolescence, work and life intervened and apart from the very occasional large-scale model car build nothing happened modelling-wise for about half a century and all I have to show for that is a box full of old Polistil slot-car track in the loft and a glass case full of very dusty old models.  Then lockdown and retirement happened simultuously (I love that misspelling!) and the bug bit me again.  Sadly my eyesight and hand/eye coordination (at 70 and a bit) is now only good enough for larger scale kits so I'm restricting my activities to 1/16th scale car models.  In the last year I have completed three with gradually increasing skill and confidence and finally had the nerve to look for a forum to share them with.

I have to confess that having spent some time looking at the utterly amazing completed projects displayed here I nearly didn't join as I'm pretty sure I'll never come up to their standard but I figure I have a lot to learn and where other than from the best?  You seem to be a pretty friendly and tolerant lot so I might pluck up the courage to post one or two of my efforts.  Watch this space... 

• Like 1

Welcome along Neddy.  Many of us with a similar tale.  Model obsessed as a kid, stopped when pubs and girls came along, then kids.  I started again when y little one was little and I stopped being out anywhere.  Don’t worry about posting your builds, as you say most on here are pretty tolerant and I doubt you have anything to worry about

• Like 1

Hello Neddy … :post1: from the windy city of Chicago USA. I’m mostly into Military aircraft myself but sometimes break out into armor and others. Not sure if you're into armor but their are now quite a few 1/16 armored vehicle kits out there, sadly not sure about cost but might be worth at least a look at ? 

Dennis

• 1 month later...