Nakajima Ki43-II Hayabusa (Oscar) ***Finished***

Roberto

Hi mates!

Here is my entry, the Hasegawa 1/72 Oscar, and its DEAD canopy masks:

IMG-20220430-144612680.jpg

I really like Japanese WWII aircraft, and I hope this great GB will help me discover where my mojo went 🙂

• Like 7

welcome along Roberto, with a great little Mojo restorer!

It's a nice looking model and you'll be able to have some fun with the scheme as well.

They go together nice and quick and you're right, with the tiny cockpit you don't have to get bogged down with detailling.

Well good luck with the build, I hope you enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Please help...

I've used, for the first time, Ammo MIG paints and their thinner...after a few days the paint isn't dry, it's "tacky"...Should I go on with a Tamiya clear cote and decaling?

TIA

IMG-20220517-124037931.jpg

• Sad 2

I don't have any specific experience but I think it's best to wait a bit longer and see if it dries. Maybe somewhere a little warm or something. I can imagine that if you put something else on top of tacky paint , the clear coats may also be compromised. 

Sorry probably not telling you anything useful but I've been too keen to spray and finish in the past only to wish I'd give  a little more curing time. 

• Like 2

@arfa1983 Thank you for your advice, mate. Where I live is very hot, and I'm afraid this paint will dever really cure, many days have already gone by. I'm sure I did something wrong, and will try again this paint brand, Too bad this model won't look too good...but I've the excuse to buy another one! So much for my mojo restorer 😄

• Like 1

Yeah maybe the paint wasn't mixed properly. You could try stripping the paint, or even if you mix the paint better and do a respray on top it could react with the existing soft paint and cause it to harden properly. 

Or it may just ruin it completely... :banghead:

• Like 1

That's bad luck Roberto, but just typical of this hobby of ours - you go for a relatively simple kit which goes together well, and then the ruddy paint acts up!

I think if I were you I would try and strip the paint off and start again, but I am not certain exactly what to use on acrylics - I use oven spray on enamels and I think I have heard of Methylated Spirits, Iso-Propyl alcohol and maybe even bleach used by other modellers but hopefully somebody can confirm what is best. However, before you start for goodness sake check on a piece of scrap plastic or an old kit to make sure it does not attack the plastic! At least it is a cheap kit which I suppose is some comfort.

Best of luck

Pete

• Like 1

Thank you Pete!

Paint is not the only "problem" I'm having,,,

Not being able to locate my bottle of Humbrol Maskol, I masked the wheel wells with "mr.masking sol r"....Another first time for me....well, there is NO way I can peel it off, so I'll paint some Aotake on top of it 😄

What else could go wrong? Let's wait and see!

Ciao.

Oh dear.

Funnily enough the only Mig product I ever used was their Liquid Mask as I could not get Maskol at the time. I had the devil's own job getting that off, so I have stuck with Maskol ever since. Hope your luck improves!

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

@Stew Dapple , @PeterB Thank you mates!

Pete, I don't think the paint will ever really "feel" dry, so I'm trying to soldier on and finish my entry 🙂 I hope fot the best!

• Like 2

Hi Robeto,

Earlier you mentioned that it is very hot where you live - probably a silly idea but I wonder if that is why the paint is not drying properly so perhaps a few hours somewhere cooler might do the trick? I was going to suggest putting it in the fridge but maybe not now the decs are on!

Just a thought!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

• Roberto changed the title to Nakajima Ki43-II Hayabusa (Oscar) ***Finished***

Hi.

This one is finished 🙂

I will take some pictures ASAP, and load them in the Gallery.

Thank you to our Hosts, and thank you for the views and the comments!

Britmodeller-Oscar-IMG-0916-cr.jpg

• Like 7