Blackburn Banana Jet

3 minutes ago, Filler said:

Looking good Ivan.

Weird question and not entirely serious either, but should the lights flash/strobe 48 times faster than on the real thing?

Hmm.  Surely governed by the speed of light.  Not sure that can get scaled! And a strobe should rotate at the same rpm, just turning a shorter distance.   Think I will settle for ‘it lights up & flashes’!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Filler said:

When I said weird and not serious, I should have added ‘a bit stupid’ too! 

No such thing as a stupid question is there?  Well if there is I have probably asked a few!

Good news today on battery packs.  I ordered some twin 3v battery holders on eBay & yesterday delivery was showing as 22nd June.  So a very nice surprise to see them here when I got back from work today.  I seem to have ordered a 10 pack so plans for more lights in builds to come

PPfEMp2.jpg

Tested and working so will get them soldered in soon

Intakes have had another coat of filler & sand back.  Compare to previous picture - should be looking better.  

rrsjqVK.jpg

RDoDDUf.jpg

Needs another primer coat to check though

A good day of spraying today and the main camo is done

mxI6KhI.jpg

8ZvnZKf.jpg

Canopy to paint & seats to finish but she is getting there.  Have been putting together the slipper tanks & need to do the ecm pod etc.  But some more bits done & I could be looking at decals

• Like 5

Thinking she is going to be XW530, so thinking about load out.  Slipper tanks or not, ecm pod, possibly an empty pylon the other side, or maybe an AIM-9. Wasn’t going to go with the Sea Eagle

Not quite finished but she is getting there.  Paint & most remaining bits done.  Wasn’t going to start decals but did in the end.  More still to do but the sun came out so got her outside for some pictures.

I dirtied up the wheel well door insides 

7TwZWmE.jpg

Seats are finished

qfFz7SS.jpg

Paint done and ariels going on 

lMaLuKr.jpg

Ladders painted - need to figure it the best way to attach it.  There are actually two of them

EuiW3Hs.jpg

So a bit of sun & the HAS came out

vabFUEd.jpg

pZtfErA.jpg

Looks good in the sun

• Like 2

Still more small decals to go on and the a flat coat before the Bucc is really done.  As I wanted to have the lights on she needs some crew.  I have a couple of painted Monogram pilots but they are too beefy to fit in the Bucc seats!  Had to try the less well nourished Airfix pilots which at least fit in.  So a bit of paint & hopefully they will do

5y0w4XB.jpg

And in the cockpit

5dutJYD.jpg

You can see the walkway lining & bits of decals going on 

Bit more done - decals finished & flat coat on

RPpdvZX.jpg

The slipper tanks are blutaced in place and the ALQ pod is getting painted & decalled. It the bits together and she will be ready for a photo shoot

• Like 1

Well I will be calling her done. I did get the HAS out today & did shots in daylight and in the dark, so I have pictures to do an RFI.  It’s been a good build, sure the kit could be better but the result looks like a Buccaneer and the detail isn’t bad. I have limited options now for any more grey / green kits in 1/48, having done a Lightning, Phantom, Hunter, Hawk, Canberra, Tornado, Jaguar, Harrier and Hercules (the Javelin was a bit before my timeframe).  I guess there could be a grey / green Jet Provost, and there are 3D printed Vulcan and Victor kits out there but they are pricey. But I doubt it’s my last one

enVo4oy.jpg

Thanks for the comments & help and thanks for looking in

• Like 4