1/72 SBS DH.88 Comet

Pin

I always liked the Comet.

SBS kit is a bunch of resin, etched and metal cast parts of highest quality, will be fun to build. It will be Black/Gold "Black Magic", of course

IMG-20220430-113159.jpg

IMG-20220430-113241.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

A resin kit in a blitzbuild.  Doesn't get much cooler than that! 

Resin kits of high quality such as SBS, Small Stuff, Dekno or Prop&Jet are ideal for Blitz!

The day was too beautiful for glue sniffing. Still, I managed to make some progress. The biggest problem is that the whole plane is black, including interior. Black is a difficult colour, too blind if not articulated so I tried to do some shading and drybrushing

IMG-20220430-232312.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Looking at the position of the cockpit, the aircraft must have been very difficult to steer on the ground.

Not really, such position was quite usual for tail-draggers of the epoch

Resin transparencies are a bit turbid to my taste, I would prefer a vacform. Usual remedies - Tamiya polishing compounds and Kleer bath to the rescue

IMG-20220501-213633.jpg

• Like 8

One of the prominent features that are missing in the kit are rudder and elevator weight balances

IMG-20220502-095755.jpg

SWMBO just reminded me that we are going to theatre tonight ...  This means that the chances to complete it on time are very slim. I don't want to rush, black gloss is not an easy finish 

IMG-20220502-163650.jpg

• Like 4