Easy, well fitting 1/48 kit recommendations

Redshock

I'm just getting back to modelling and I'm looking for recommendations for a cold war/modern 1/48 jet that's an easy build without to much filling or faffing about. I finished a Hasegawa F-14 while great when finished was a poor fit and took too much time which I've not got at the mo. 

Although it's another F-14 I'm thinking of the Tamiya F-14 either A or D not really bothered. The reviews I've read say it's an excellent kit.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Tamiya 1/48 F-16 can't go wrong,and yes their F-14's are great.

That Hasegawa F-14 is a bear,but the older Hasegawa Phantoms,Eagles,Hornets,and Falcons are all nice builds.

I've heard nice things about Revell Eagles and Hornets too.

Edited by Tojo72

7 hours ago, aircooled said:

Anything Tamiya and you won't be disappointed.

They still have plenty of their old clunkers out there, research before buying 😂 

• Like 1

Hasegawa F-104 series, probably Kinetic's as well ( more correct in detail)

Eduard MiG-21 series I would recommend as well!

Airfix Hunter, Meteor as well.

Generally Trumpeter and Hobyboss kis are trouble-free builds as well ( issues mostly concern accuracy in detail, etc)

..there is a lot out there that is suitable, but most important is the subject you wanna build, no?

• 2 weeks later...

Eduard 1/48 Mig 21 weekend editions. Superb fit and detail. I find if it's a Hobbyboss kit usually they go together without fuss. Revells 1/48th Rafale is a solid kit as well. Personally I find the best way is to check reviews on googleof potential kits to buy before getting them. If you like 1/48 Tomcats you also have Hobbyboss which I have myself as the reviews were great and AMK as well which get good reviews and Tamiya as mentioned above. If you want to keep it simple Italeri do a Tomcat with recessed lines at a cheaper price than most 72nd kits so it's perfect if you want to experiment with new techniques.